Cheapest 2003 Volkswagen GTI Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 31, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Perplexed by the sheer number of auto insurance options? You’re not alone. People have so many choices that it can easily become a ton of work to find lower rates.
Smart consumers take time to get comparison quotes yearly due to the fact that insurance rates tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the best rates on GTI insurance on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. Starting right now, block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you the fastest and easiest way to find lower rates on auto insurance.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using these techniques. Finding affordable coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. Although drivers must understand the way companies determine prices and use this information to your advantage.
Volkswagen GTI premiums are determined by many factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates enables informed choices that could result in big savings.
- Mature drivers pay less – Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle so insurance rates are higher. Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Many insurance companies will award you with lower prices to people who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to shop around to ensure the best deal.
- Special features that cut premiums – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent car theft.
- Men pay higher rates – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Both sexes cause accidents in similar percentages, but men cause more damage. Men also receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If the Volkswagen GTI is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
Comprehensive Insurance Coverage Comparison
When shopping for insurance coverage there are multiple ways of comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies. The best method to find competitive 2003 Volkswagen GTI insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
- One of the best ways to compare a lot of rates at once is an all-inclusive rate comparison (click to open form in new window). This method saves time by eliminating separate quote forms for every insurance coverage company. Taking the time to complete one form gets rate comparisons from multiple low-cost companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A slightly less efficient method to get quotes online consists of going to each company’s website and complete a new quote form. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want rates from Nationwide, GEICO and GMAC. To get each rate you have to go to every website and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just ensure you’re using apples-to-apples coverage information on every quote. If you use differing limits you can’t possibly truly determine the lowest rate. Slightly different coverages may result in a large different in cost. Just keep in mind that getting more free quotes helps locate the best offered rates.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Car insurance companies such as State Farm and Allstate constantly bombard you with ads on television and other media. They all seem to make the same claim about savings if you switch to them. How can each company claim to save you money?
All companies can use profiling for the right customer that is profitable for them. For instance, a profitable customer could be between 30 and 50, has no tickets, and drives newer vehicles. A propective insured that hits that “sweet spot” will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will save when switching.
Potential insureds who fall outside the requirements must pay a higher premium and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That’s why insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do.
This illustrates why drivers should compare many company’s rates. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will have the lowest Volkswagen GTI insurance rates.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may find discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but a few need to be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child complete a driver education course in high school.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies will give a small break just for signing your application online.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids living away from home attending college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
For a list of providers with the best insurance discounts, click here to view.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Parts of your auto insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance can help you determine which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision coverage protection
This pays for damage to your GTI caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as driving through your garage door, crashing into a ditch, colliding with a tree and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as fire damage, theft, damage from getting keyed and a broken windshield. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like hospital visits, ambulance fees, dental work and funeral costs. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims like pain and suffering, loss of income and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible.
Shop. Compare. Save.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, policy non-renewal, lack of trust in their agent or delays in paying claims. Whatever your reason, finding the right insurance coverage provider is less work than it seems.
Discount 2003 Volkswagen GTI insurance is available both online in addition to many insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area