Cheapest 2003 Nissan Maxima Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better insurance rates for your Nissan Maxima? Searching for better insurance prices for a new or used Nissan Maxima can normally be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to save time. There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the proper way to get price quotes on a Nissan and locate the lowest price either online or from local insurance agents.
If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these tips to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Finding affordable insurance is quite easy. Drivers just need to understand the proper way to get comparison rates over the internet.
How to Get Cheap Insurance
Cutting your insurance rates can be quick and easy. You just have to spend a little time comparing price quotes from different insurance companies. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The fastest way to find low rates would be an industry-wide quote request form click to view form in new window. This easy form keeps you from doing separate forms to each individual insurance company. One quote request gets you price quotes from multiple low-cost companies.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- A harder way to shop for insurance online is to take the time to go to each company’s website and complete a new quote form. For examples sake, let’s say you want rates from State Farm, GEICO and Travelers. To get rate quotes you would need to take the time to go to each site and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
Whichever way you use, ensure you’re using exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits with each company. If you use different deductibles it’s impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Nissan Maxima.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
Auto insurance companies don’t list every discount very well, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and the harder-to-find ways to save on auto insurance. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Sign Online – A few companies give back up to $50 simply for signing online.
- Memberships – Affiliation with certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break when buying auto insurance on Maxima coverage.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- College Student – Children living away from home attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20% or more.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
For a list of insurers with discount auto insurance rates, click here.
Situations that might require an agent
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
What determines your Nissan Maxima insurance premium
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance. Understanding what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in better insurance rates.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Nissan Maxima earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Choosing to live in less populated areas can be a good thing when it comes to insurance. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with much more traffic to deal with and longer commute times. More time on the road means more change of being in an accident.
- Higher deductibles cost less – Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your Nissan. Examples of covered claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, vandalism, and windstorm damage. The deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more you’re willing to pay, the less your insurance will be on Maxima coverage.
- How credit affects insurance rates – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in determining your rates. If your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your 2003 Nissan Maxima by improving your rating. People with good credit tend to be more responsible than drivers who have poor credit.
- How many coverages with the same company – Many insurance companies will award you with lower prices to insureds who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to 10 percent or more. If you currently are using one company, you still need to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still find a better deal by buying insurance from a different company.
- Being married can save on insurance – Getting married can actually save you money on your insurance policy. Having a significant other means you’re more mature and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Men and women are in accidents at about the same rate, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Young drivers are known to be more careless behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a teen driver to your insurance policy can be quite pricey. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims and are safer drivers.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for the lowest price auto insurance from the likes of 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to make an identical promise that you’ll save big if you move your coverage to them.
But how can every company make the same claim?
All the different companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver they prefer to insure. For instance, a preferred risk could possibly be between 25 and 40, has no driving citations, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A propective insured who fits that profile gets the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Potential customers who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile must pay a higher premium and ends up with the customer not buying. The ads say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. This is how companies can truthfully state the savings. This illustrates why you absolutely need to compare as many rates as you can. It is impossible to predict which car insurance company will provide you with the cheapest Nissan Maxima insurance rates.
Auto insurance coverage information
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your 2003 Nissan Maxima.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Liability insurance – This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims such as medical expenses, bail bonds and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like rock chips in glass, theft, damage from flooding and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as hitting a mailbox, crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pot hole and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like nursing services, surgery, ambulance fees and prosthetic devices. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Find Good Coverage for Less
You just read many tips how you can get a better price on 2003 Nissan Maxima insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a small local company.
Affordable insurance is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions and high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies can be easier than you think.
To read more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area