View 2003 Jaguar XJ-Series Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Locating low-cost insurance for your Jaguar XJ-Series can normally be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to find lower rates. There is a better way to compare insurance rates so you’re going to learn the quickest way to compare rates for a new or used Jaguar and find the lowest price from local insurance agents and online providers.
You need to check insurance prices on a regular basis since insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the best deal for XJ-Series coverage a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the best methods to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
Best discounts on 2003 Jaguar XJ-Series coverage
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize every available discount very well, so we researched both the well known as well as the least known auto insurance savings. If you don’t get every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get reduced rates for XJ-Series coverage.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break on auto insurance for XJ-Series coverage.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A partial list of companies who might offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not apply in every state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Who is covered by my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Learn about insurance coverages for a Jaguar XJ-Series
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hail damage, vandalism, rock chips in glass and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your XJ-Series from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things like scraping a guard rail, colliding with a tree, sideswiping another vehicle, backing into a parked car and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Jaguar XJ-Series.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as court costs, attorney fees, legal defense fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses for hospital visits, EMT expenses, surgery and nursing services. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
A fool and his money are soon parted
We just showed you a lot of ways to shop for 2003 Jaguar XJ-Series insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may discover the best prices are with a small local company.
Discount insurance can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance coverage companies don’t offer online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional insurance coverage information can be read at these links:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area