Cheapest 2003 Jaguar X-TYPE Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Tired of being strong-armed each month for car insurance? You’re in the same situation as many other consumers.
Big companies like State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance continually bombard you with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to see past the geckos and flying pigs and find the best price available.
You need to get comparison quotes on a regular basis because insurance rates tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the best rates on X-Type insurance last year you can probably find a lower rate today. Starting right now, ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to teach you the proper way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates takes advantage of the fact most larger insurance companies provide online access to compare rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide information such as daily mileage, how you use your vehicles, your job, and the type of vehicles you drive. Your details is instantly sent to many different companies and you receive quotes very quickly.
Buyer beware of auto insurance advertising tricks
Auto insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive regularly use television and radio advertisements. They all seem to say the same thing that you can save if you move to them. But how can every company make almost identical claims? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of customer that is profitable for them. An example of a desirable insured might be profiled as between the ages of 40 and 55, a clean driving record, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any driver who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who are not a match for the “perfect” profile will be quoted a higher premium which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads state “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save money. That’s the way companies can make the claims of big savings.
This emphasizes why you need to get quotes from several different companies. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will give you the biggest savings on Jaguar X-Type insurance.
Some factors that can determine what Jaguar X-Type insurance costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that play a part in calculating your insurance coverage rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower insurance coverage prices.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If your Jaguar X-Type is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Most insurers will award you with lower prices to policyholders who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, you may still want to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.
- The more you drive the more you pay – The higher the mileage driven in a year the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Having the wrong rating on your X-Type may be wasting your money. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage declarations sheet is showing the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Clean credit earns discounts – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in your rate calculation. If your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your 2003 Jaguar X-Type by improving your rating. Drivers who have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit.
- Older drivers save more – More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel. Teen drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily when driving and because of this, their insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- No coverage gaps is important – Driving without insurance is against the law and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance expire. And not only will your rates increase, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time.Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state DMV.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are a ton of extra coverages that can waste your money when buying insurance coverage. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment initially, but if you don’t need them eliminate them to save money.
- Equipment add-ons that lower insurance coverage rates – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart car theft.
Pay less for 2003 Jaguar X-Type insurance
Car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Most are applied when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Accident Waiver – Certain companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially when compared to bad drivers.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will cut the cost of coverage.
Insurance companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask each company how you can save money. Discounts may not be available everywhere.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- What if I total my 2003 Jaguar X-Type and owe more than it’s worth?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Insurance policy specifics
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Collision – Collision coverage pays for damage to your X-Type caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as colliding with a tree, colliding with another moving vehicle and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage – This coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, falling objects, fire damage, rock chips in glass and vandalism. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your 2003 Jaguar X-Type.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Usually the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability insurance – Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a limit of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims like repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses, loss of income, structural damage and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses like EMT expenses, chiropractic care, nursing services, hospital visits and X-ray expenses. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
More choices the merrier
When trying to cut insurance costs, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an insured cut full coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just presented many ways to save on 2003 Jaguar X-Type insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. They may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area