Cheapest 2003 Ford Windstar Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 19, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No one likes having to buy insurance, particularly when their premiums are through the roof. Consumers have many insurance companies to choose from, and even though it’s nice to have multiple companies, so many choices can make it hard to locate the cheapest rates.
Consumers should take time to do rate comparisons on a regular basis since insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the best deal on Windstar insurance six months ago a different company probably has better rates today. There is too much inaccurate information about insurance on the web, but I’m going to show you some solid techniques on how to buy insurance cheaper.
Compare Insurance Coverage Today
There are a lot of ways to compare insurance coverage prices but there is one way that is less labor-intensive and much quicker. You could spend the better part of a day talking to insurance companies in your area, or you could save time and use online quotes to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
Most car insurance companies participate in a marketplace where prospective buyers only type in their quote data once, and each participating company then returns a price quote for coverage. This eliminates the need for quotation requests to each individual insurance coverage company. To compare 2003 Ford Windstar rates using this form now click here (opens in new window).
One minor caviat to comparing rates this way is you don’t know exactly the companies to get pricing from. So if you want to choose individual companies to request quotes from, we have a page of the cheapest insurance coverage companies in your area. Click here to view list.
Whichever way you use, make darn sure you compare exactly the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote you get. If your comparisons have different liability limits you will not be able to make an equal comparison.
How to save on 2003 Ford Windstar insurance
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be available discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but a few need to be asked about before you will receive the discount. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- No Charge for an Accident – Certain companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Distant Student – Children who are attending college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% on Windstar insurance with certain companies.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums on Windstar insurance.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
For a list of insurers who offer auto insurance discounts, click here.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Is my trailer covered?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Does my 2003 Ford Windstar need full coverage?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Why you might be paying too much to insure your Ford Windstar
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining the price you pay for insurance coverage. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that will entitle you to better insurance coverage rates.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” insurance coverage companies consider when setting prices.
- Always keep insurance in force – Not having insurance is a misdemeanor and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage lapse. And not only will your rates increase, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine.Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with your state DMV.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – The majority of insurance companies will give a discount to people who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to comparison shop to ensure the best deal.
- Higher deductibles cost less – Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. The more money you have to pay, the lower your rates will be on Windstar insurance.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If your Ford Windstar is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart auto theft.
- Marriage pays dividends – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on your policy. Having a spouse translates into being more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Learn about auto insurance coverages for a Ford Windstar
Learning about specific coverages of auto insurance can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the usual coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as fire damage, rock chips in glass, a broken windshield and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills for things like X-ray expenses, doctor visits, prosthetic devices, EMT expenses and ambulance fees. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Ford Windstar.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability coverage – Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a limit of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things like repair costs for stationary objects, legal defense fees and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims like scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb, sideswiping another vehicle and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
More comparisons equals lower rates
Budget-conscious 2003 Ford Windstar insurance is available both online as well as from independent agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies don’t offer online price quotes and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to shop for insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area