Cheapest 1998 Ford Windstar Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better insurance coverage rates for your Ford Windstar? Purchasing low-cost insurance coverage on the internet may be rather challenging for consumers new to comparing rates online. When there are so many insurance companies available, how can you possibly compare every one to find the cheapest rates?
Smart consumers take time to check insurance coverage prices quite often since insurance rates go up and down regularly. If you had the lowest price on Windstar coverage last year there may be better deals available now. So just forget all the misinformation about insurance coverage because we’re going to show you one of the easiest ways to lower your annual insurance bill.
How to save on Ford Windstar insurance
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, buy you may qualify for discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but a few need to be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Ford could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can save you money because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% on Windstar coverage depending on your company.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your premiums.
Companies who might offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not apply everywhere.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance specifics
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Ford Windstar.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive car insurance
This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, a broken windshield, damage from flooding, hitting a bird and falling objects. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like pain medications, doctor visits and prosthetic devices. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
This coverage can cover damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things like structural damage, medical services, bail bonds, legal defense fees and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as driving through your garage door, hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Keep this in mind
Lower-priced 1998 Ford Windstar insurance can be found online in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced full coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to compare insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best prices are with a small mutual company.
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area