Cheapest 2002 Volkswagen Golf Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 27, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you a victim of an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? Trust us, many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
Drivers have multiple car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, it can be more challenging to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Locating cheaper insurance coverage is simple if you know the tricks. In a nutshell, every driver who has to buy insurance will more than likely be able to save money. Nevertheless, car owners should learn how the larger insurance companies market on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Don’t overlook these discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Accident Forgiveness – Certain companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you will save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more on Golf insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home may trigger a car insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will bring down the cost of coverage.
For a list of providers with discount car insurance rates, follow this link.
How to Get Insurance Coverage
Comparing insurance coverage rates is a ton of work if you don’t know the most efficient way. You could spend your day discussing policy coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you can stay home and use online quotes to quickly compare rates.
Most of the best insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace where prospective buyers enter their coverage request one time, and each company then returns a price quote based on the submitted data. This prevents consumers from doing form submissions for each company.
To find out what other companies charge for 2002 Volkswagen Golf insurance click here (opens in new window).
The single downside to using this type of form is that you can’t choose the providers to get pricing from. So if you prefer to choose specific insurance companies to compare prices, we have assembled a list of companies who write insurance coverage in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
Which method you use is up to you, but ensure you are comparing exactly the same quote information on every quote you get. If you compare mixed coverages then you won’t be able to determine which rate is truly the best. Quoting even small variations in coverages may cause a big price difference. Just remember that having more price comparisons will improve the odds of getting the best offered rates.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Is my situation unique?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions can help discover whether you may require specific advice.
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- When should I not file a claim?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Auto insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of insurance helps when choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the normal coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for bills for things like dental work, doctor visits, ambulance fees, nursing services and chiropractic care. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like hail damage, damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane and fire damage. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This covers damage to your Golf from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Usually these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Coverage for liability
This will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property in an accident. It protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as medical services, funeral expenses and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
More quotes mean more savings
In this article, we presented many ideas to compare 2002 Volkswagen Golf insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. Smaller companies often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Low-cost insurance can be bought on the web in addition to many insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Insitute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area