Cheapest 2002 Oldsmobile Alero Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding cheap auto insurance online can be challenging for consumers new to shopping for insurance online. With so many online companies available, how can consumers effectively compare them all to find the lowest price available?
Consumers should take time to shop coverage around periodically because insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the best rates on Alero insurance a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about auto insurance online but with this article, you’re going to get some great ideas on how to slash your auto insurance rates.
Compare Insurance Coverage Costs
There are a lot of ways to shop for insurance coverage, but there is one way that is less time-consuming than others. You can waste a lot of time driving to insurance agencies in your area, or you could use online quotes to get prices fast.
Many companies belong to an insurance system where insurance shoppers submit their information once, and each participating company can give them a price. This system prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions for every insurance coverage company.
To compare 2002 Oldsmobile Alero rates using this form now click here to start a free quote.
The only drawback to pricing coverage this way is you can’t choose the insurers you will receive quotes from. So if you prefer to pick specific providers to compare rates, we have a listing of the cheapest insurance coverage companies in your area. Click here to view list.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just be sure to compare exactly the same coverage information with each company. If you use higher or lower deductibles it will be next to impossible to find the best deal for your Oldsmobile Alero. Just a small difference in limits could mean much higher rates. And when comparison shopping, obtaining a wide range of quotes helps locate the best price.
Cut prices on 2002 Oldsmobile Alero insurance
Companies don’t always publicize all available discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and also the lesser-known car insurance savings.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Oldsmobile could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization could trigger savings when shopping for car insurance on Alero insurance.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less on Alero insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- College Student – Children who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
For a list of insurers with the best car insurance discounts, follow this link.
Oldsmobile Alero rate determination is complex
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance coverage. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into premiums.
- Sex matters – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men cause accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. These vehicles reduce injuries and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your Oldsmobile has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The more you drive in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Cars not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Improper usage on your Alero may be wasting your money. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage policy is rated on the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Occupations such as judges, social workers and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates attributed to high stress and lengthy work days. Other occupations such as pilots, historians and retirees pay the least on Alero insurance.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2002 Oldsmobile Alero to commute?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Is there truth in advertising?
Insurance providers like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO regularly use television and radio advertisements. They all say the same thing that you’ll save big if you move to them. How do they all make the same claim?
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that earns them a profit. A good example of a profitable customer might be over the age of 50, is a homeowner, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any driver who matches those parameters will qualify for the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who don’t measure up to this ideal profile must pay higher prices and ends up with the customer not buying. The ads say “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save that kind of money. This is how insurance companies can advertise the savings. This illustrates why you should get quotes from several different companies. It is impossible to predict the company that will give you the biggest savings on Oldsmobile Alero insurance.
Specifics of your insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays for damage to your Alero resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as crashing into a ditch, hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses such as chiropractic care, hospital visits, dental work, X-ray expenses and doctor visits. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability can pay for claims such as pain and suffering, bail bonds, medical expenses and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as rock chips in glass, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hail damage. The most your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
You can do this!
The cheapest 2002 Oldsmobile Alero insurance can be found online as well as from independent agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies don’t offer online quoting and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
You just read many ways to shop for insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the best prices are with the smaller companies.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices, policy non-renewal and being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area