Cheapest 2002 Lincoln Continental Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Comparison shopping for car insurance is always challenging for consumers new to comparing rates online. You have so many options that it can quickly become a real challenge to find the best price.
Consumers should take time to compare rates occasionally because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the lowest price for Continental coverage a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. So forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I’m going to teach you one of the easiest ways to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is quite easy. Basically, anyone who has to buy auto insurance stands a good chance to be able to find lower rates. But car owners must comprehend how companies compete online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Auto Insurance Prices Online
To find the best auto insurance prices, there are several ways to get quotes from different insurance companies. The fastest way to compare 2002 Lincoln Continental insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
- Probably the best way to get quotes is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This form keeps you from doing separate quotes for each company. A single, simple form will return quotes from several companies. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- A slightly less efficient method to compare prices requires a trip to each company’s website and fill out their own quote form. For examples sake, let’s say you want comparison quotes from State Farm, Progressive and Travelers. To get each rate you have to visit each site to input your insurance information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
- The most time-consuming way of comparing rate quotes is driving to insurance agents’ offices. The ability to buy insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the professional guidance of a local agent. You can, however, obtain prices from the web and still use a local agent.
Whichever method you choose, compare identical coverage limits and deductibles on every quote you get. If you have different limits and deductibles on each one it will be impossible to make a fair comparison for your Lincoln Continental. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits may result in a large different in cost. And when quoting auto insurance, remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes gives you a better chance of getting better pricing.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every available discount very well, so we break down some of the best known and the more hidden insurance savings.
- College Student – Children who are attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Lincoln can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for switching to them before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
For a list of insurers offering insurance discounts, click here.
What coverages do I need?
When buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Why your Lincoln Continental insurance rates may be high
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Occupations such as doctors, executives and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates because of job stress and long work hours. On the other hand, occupations like pilots, students and homemakers receive lower rates for Continental coverage.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Your driving citation history has a huge affect on how much you pay. Just one ticket can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have dangerous citations such as DUI or reckless driving may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if ever a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- More claims means more premium – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies award cheaper rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Increase deductibles and save – Your deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims could be running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, and burglary. The higher the amount you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive for Continental coverage.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Some insurers give discounts to people who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to ensure the best deal. Drivers may still find better rates by buying auto insurance from a different company.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. They both are in accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you. If the Lincoln Continental earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
Detailed coverages of your insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Lincoln Continental.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses like rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees, doctor visits, prosthetic devices and surgery. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hitting a bird, damage from flooding and hail damage. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things like medical services, court costs, loss of income and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance covers damage to your Continental caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
A fool and his money are soon parted
Cost effective 2002 Lincoln Continental insurance is available online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not provide online quoting and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
We just covered many tips how you can reduce insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area