Cheapest 2002 GMC Yukon Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Paying for high-priced GMC Yukon insurance can overdraw your savings account and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Comparing price quotes is a great way to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
Drivers have multiple insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, having more car insurance companies makes it harder to get the best deal.
This information will help you learn the most effective way to quote insurance. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using these techniques. But consumers need to have an understanding of how insurance companies sell online and take advantage of how the system works.
Where Can I Get Cheap Auto Insurance?
There are a variety of methods to compare 2002 GMC Yukon auto insurance quotes, but some are more efficient than others. You can waste a few hours (or days) discussing policy coverages with agents in your area, or you could save time and use the internet to get rates in a matter of minutes.
Most major companies belong to an insurance system that enables customers to only type in their quote data once, and each participating company can provide price quotes based on the submitted data. This system prevents you from having to do quote requests for every auto insurance company.
To get comparison pricing now click here to open in new window.
The only downside to doing it this way is you cannot specify the companies to receive prices from. If you would rather choose specific providers to receive pricing from, we put together a list of low cost auto insurance companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
Which method you use is up to you, but ensure you’re using identical coverage limits and deductibles for each comparison quote. If your comparisons have different limits and deductibles on each one it will be impossible to make a fair comparison for your GMC Yukon. Quoting even small variations in coverages can make a big difference in price. And when quoting auto insurance, remember that more quotes will enable you to find the best rates.
Is there truth in advertising?
Auto insurance providers like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive continually stream ads on TV and radio. They all have a common claim that you’ll save big after switching to their company. How do they all claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver they prefer to insure. For instance, a desirable insured might be over the age of 50, insures multiple vehicles, and chooses high deductibles. Any driver who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Drivers who don’t meet these standards will be charged more money and this can result in business going elsewhere. The ads say “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That’s the way companies can truthfully advertise the way they do.
That is why you should quote coverage with many companies. It’s not possible to predict the company that will provide you with the cheapest GMC Yukon insurance rates.
GMC Yukon insurance rates have many determining factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that go into determining your auto insurance rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into your rates.
- How credit affects auto insurance rates – Credit score is a big factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. So if your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your 2002 GMC Yukon by improving your rating. Consumers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with poor credit.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most insurance companies give discounts to people who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you still need to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Always keep insurance in force – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Pleasure use or commuting – Driving more miles in a year’s time the higher your rate. Most companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles left parked in the garage get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Make sure your auto insurance coverage is rated on the proper vehicle usage. If your policy improperly rates your Yukon can result in significantly higher rates.
- Your location affects your rates – Being located in a small town can save you money when buying auto insurance. City drivers regularly have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents.
- Men fork out a little more – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Women and men tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. They also have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there are discounts available that you may not know about. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a home can help you save on car insurance because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these discounts include:
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
- 21st Century
Before buying, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not be available everywhere.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When buying the best auto insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Auto insurance coverage basics
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as falling objects, rock chips in glass, hitting a deer, fire damage and damage from flooding. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like nursing services, dental work, chiropractic care and hospital visits. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims like bail bonds, funeral expenses and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Yukon resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This provides protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Be a penny pincher
We just covered a lot of ways to get a better price on 2002 GMC Yukon insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Cost effective insurance can be purchased online in addition to many insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped full coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Much more information about auto insurance can be read on the following sites:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area