Cheapest 2006 GMC Yukon Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding the most affordable car insurance on the internet can seem to be challenging for people who are new to buying insurance online. With such a large number of choices, how can drivers effectively compare every company to locate the cheapest available price?
Consumers need to take a look at other company’s rates on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance rates change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates for Yukon insurance a couple years back you can probably find a better price now. So block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re going to learn the things you must know in order to save on car insurance.
GMC Yukon insurance premiums are calculated by many factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
Shown below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a guaranteed way to bump up your auto insurance costs. Not only will rates go up, but not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time.You may need to file a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department.
- More people means more accidents – Being located in a small town is a positive aspect when it comes to auto insurance. Fewer people means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. More time on the road translates into higher accident risk.
- Men pay higher rates – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes cause accidents at a similar rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as reckless driving.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are a ton of extra coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Coverages for personal injury protection, better glass coverage and term life insurance are examples of these. These coverages may sound good at first, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. It provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping car theft.
- Pleasure use or commuting – Driving more miles each year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. An improperly rated Yukon may be costing you. Make sure your auto insurance coverage properly reflects the proper vehicle usage.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like lawyers, architects and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates because of job stress and lots of time spent at work. Other occupations such as scientists, historians and homemakers pay the least for Yukon insurance.
How to Buy Auto Insurance Online
There are several ways to shop for GMC Yukon auto insurance, but some are more efficient than others. You can spend countless hours discussing policy coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you could save time and use the internet to quickly compare rates.
Many companies take part in a program that enables customers to submit one quote, and each participating company then gives them pricing. This prevents consumers from doing quote forms to each individual auto insurance company. To get comparison pricing now click here to open in new window.
The only downside to using this type of system is that consumers can’t choose the insurers to receive prices from. If you prefer to choose specific providers to compare, we have a page of companies who write auto insurance in your area. View list of insurance companies.
It’s up to you which method you use, but be sure to compare the exact same coverage limits for each price quote. If each company quotes different limits and deductibles on each one you will not be able to find the best deal for your GMC Yukon. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits could mean much higher rates. And when comparing auto insurance rates, know that more quotes will increase your chances of finding a better price.
Switch companies and save? Really?
Companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. All the ads say the same thing of big savings if you switch your policy. But how can every company make the same claim?
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer they prefer to insure. A good example of a preferred risk might be profiled as between 25 and 40, a clean driving record, and has excellent credit. A driver who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and as a result will probably save when they switch companies.
Potential insureds who don’t qualify for these standards must pay higher prices which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ads state “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That’s why companies can state the savings. This illustrates why drivers should get a wide range of price quotes. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
Take advantage of discounts
Companies don’t necessarily list every available discount very clearly, so we researched both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
For a list of insurers with the best car insurance discounts, click here to view.
How to know if you need help
When buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Car insurance coverages for a GMC Yukon
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like a broken windshield, fire damage and damage from flooding. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like dental work, surgery, prosthetic devices, ambulance fees and hospital visits. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as legal defense fees, court costs and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
This coverage covers damage to your Yukon resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like scraping a guard rail, crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your GMC Yukon.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
More effort can pay off
Cheap 2006 GMC Yukon insurance can be found on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not provide online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, poor customer service, delays in paying claims or even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an insured cut full coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area