Cheapest 2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower car insurance rates? Consumers have a choice when looking for affordable Ford F-350 Super Duty insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents getting price quotes or use the internet to find the lowest rates. There are more efficient ways to compare car insurance rates so you’re going to learn the best way to compare rates for your Ford and find the cheapest rates from both online companies and local agents.
You need to do rate comparisons at least once a year because rates trend upward over time. Even if you got the best deal for F-350 Super Duty insurance on your last policy there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the best methods to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Buying car insurance is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to save some money using these tips. Drivers only need to know the proper methods to shop their coverage around on the web.
These discounts can slash insurance rates
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize every available discount very well, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and the more hidden ways to save on insurance. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off for F-350 Super Duty insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- No Charge for an Accident – A handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more for F-350 Super Duty insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
Car insurance companies that may have these discounts include:
Check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not be available everywhere.
Low Cost Insurance Coverage
There are a variety of methods you can shop for 2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty insurance coverage but one way is more efficient than others. You could waste a few hours talking to insurance companies in your area, or you can utilize online quoting to get pricing more quickly.
Most car insurance companies belong to an insurance system where insurance shoppers enter their policy data once, and at least one company then gives them pricing based on the submitted data. This saves time by eliminating form submissions for each company you want a rate for.
To participate in this free quote system, click here to start a free quote.
The only drawback to using this type of system is that you can’t choose the insurers to receive prices from. So if you prefer to pick from a list of companies for rate comparison, we have a page of companies who write insurance coverage in your area. Click to view list.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but ensure you’re using the exact same coverage limits with each company. If you have different limits and deductibles on each one it will be next to impossible to determine which rate is truly the best.
Ford F-350 Super Duty insurance rates consist of many parts
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate prices.
- Being married can save on car insurance – Getting married helps lower the price on car insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Where do you drive? – Driving more miles each year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having the wrong rating on your F-350 Super Duty may be costing you. Double check that your car insurance coverage properly reflects the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- One company can mean more discounts – Most insurance companies give discounts to policyholders who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still be able to find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- High deductibles save money – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and burglary. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive for F-350 Super Duty insurance.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Car insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your 2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Liability coverages – This can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims such as funeral expenses, pain and suffering and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Collision coverage – This coverage covers damage to your F-350 Super Duty from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as crashing into a ditch, scraping a guard rail and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for medical expenses – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills for things like surgery, chiropractic care, ambulance fees, nursing services and prosthetic devices. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive auto insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as theft, rock chips in glass and a broken windshield. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Stretch your dollar
When you buy insurance online, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
You just read a lot of ways to lower your 2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
The cheapest insurance can be sourced online in addition to many insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area