Cheapest 2001 Ford F-350 Super Duty Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 3, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest insurance for a Ford F-350 Super Duty can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to make it easier. There are more efficient ways to buy insurance and you need to know the quickest way to price shop coverage for a Ford and obtain the best price possible from both online companies and local agents.
How to reduce Ford F-350 Super Duty insurance rates
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every available discount very clearly, so we break down some of the more common as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more on F-350 Super Duty insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break when buying insurance coverage on F-350 Super Duty insurance.
- Accident Waiver – A few companies permit an accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off on F-350 Super Duty insurance with a few insurance coverage companies.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle on the same insurance coverage policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance coverage policy, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of providers who offer insurance coverage discounts, click this link.
Factors that can influence insurance rates for a Ford F-350 Super Duty
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
- Men are more aggressive – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Women and men cause accidents at about the same rate, but the males have costlier accidents. They also get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Credit history is a large factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. If your credit is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your 2001 Ford F-350 Super Duty by improving your rating. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit scores.
- Don’t skimp on liability – The liability section of your policy is the protection if ever a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Many companies will award you with lower prices to policyholders who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Your job and insurance rates – Occupations such as doctors, social workers and dentists tend to have the highest average rates attributed to stressful work requirements and long work hours. Other jobs such as scientists, historians and retirees receive lower rates on F-350 Super Duty insurance.
- Always keep insurance in force – Not having insurance is against the law and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage can result in a revoked license or a big fine.You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- What are your deductibles? – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be colliding with a building, vandalism, and burglary. The higher the amount you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive on F-350 Super Duty insurance.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2001 Ford F-350 Super Duty?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Should I rate my 2001 Ford F-350 Super Duty as pleasure use or commute?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Specifics of your auto insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Ford F-350 Super Duty.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things such as repair costs for stationary objects, court costs and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
This covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like rock chips in glass, hitting a bird and a broken windshield. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses like EMT expenses, hospital visits, chiropractic care, rehabilitation expenses and pain medications. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage covers damage to your F-350 Super Duty resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a ditch and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Online plus local equals savings
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, denial of a claim, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, switching insurance coverage companies is less work than it seems.
Low-cost 2001 Ford F-350 Super Duty insurance is attainable on the web and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to lower your insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even find the lowest premiums are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area