Cheapest 2002 Ford Escort Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 17, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower car insurance rates for your Ford Escort? Finding low-cost insurance for your Ford Escort can turn out to be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to find lower rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy car insurance and we’ll show you the proper way to compare rates on a Ford and find the best price possible.
Fast and Easy Car Insurance Quotes
Performing a rate comparison can be challenging if you aren’t aware of the easiest way. You could waste time discussing policy coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you can utilize online quotes to achieve your goal.
Most of the best insurance companies participate in an industry program where insurance shoppers enter their coverage request one time, and each participating company can provide price quotes determined by their information. This prevents consumers from doing quote forms to every company.
To participate in this free quote system, click here to start a free quote.
The single downside to getting quotes like this is that consumers can’t choose which companies to get pricing from. So if you want to select from a list of companies to request quotes from, we put together a list of companies who write car insurance in your area. Click here to view list.
Whichever method you choose, ensure you’re using apples-to-apples quote information with every price quote. If you enter higher or lower deductibles it’s impossible to decipher which rate is best.
Save $478 a year? Really?
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads that promise big savings from the likes of State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies make the same claim of big savings after switching your coverage to them.
How do they all make the same claim?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer they prefer to insure. For example, a preferred risk could be over the age of 50, has no prior claims, and has a high credit rating. A driver who fits that profile will get very good rates and most likely will save when they switch companies.
Drivers who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile must pay more money which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads say “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. That’s the way insurance companies can make the claims of big savings. This illustrates why you need to get as many quotes as possible. It is impossible to predict which company will have the lowest Ford Escort insurance rates.
Why you might be paying too much to insure your Ford Escort
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that could result in big savings.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – The majority of companies will give a discount to policyholders who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Equipment add-ons that lower auto insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart your car from being stolen.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The more miles you rack up on your Ford in a year’s time the higher your rate. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your auto insurance policy shows how each vehicle is driven. If your policy improperly rates your Escort may be costing you.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers like doctors, business owners and accountants tend to pay higher rates than average attributed to high stress and long work days. On the flip side, jobs such as farmers, athletes and homemakers have the lowest average rates on Escort coverage.
Get lower rates on 2002 Ford Escort insurance
Companies do not list all their discounts very clearly, so here is a list some of the best known as well as the least known ways to save on insurance coverage. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course in high school.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off on Escort coverage with select insurance companies.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can cost up to 25% less since new cars are generally safer.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous.
Companies that possibly offer these discounts are:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
Before buying, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Specific coverage details
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance can help you determine the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like theft, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a bird, vandalism and fire damage. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto liability insurance
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things such as attorney fees, medical expenses, repair costs for stationary objects, legal defense fees and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses for chiropractic care, doctor visits, hospital visits, funeral costs and X-ray expenses. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as rolling your car, driving through your garage door, colliding with a tree and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Make a quick buck
We just showed you a lot of ways to compare 2002 Ford Escort insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Drivers may discover the best prices are with a small mutual company.
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy cancellation or even delays in paying claims. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies can be less work than you think.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area