Lower Your 1994 Ford Escort Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding better rates for car insurance is a challenge for people who are new to comparison shopping online. There are so many options available that it can quickly become a big hassle to locate the lowest price.
The fastest way that we advise to get policy rate comparisons is to understand most of the bigger providers provide online access to compare their rates. The one thing you need to do is give them some information including whether you have decent credit, your education level, if a SR-22 is needed, and if it has an anti-theft system. That rating information is submitted instantly to multiple different insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes with very little delay.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter the information requested.
Save big with these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list all available discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the more common and the more hidden car insurance savings.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for car insurance for Escort insurance.
- Resident Student – Kids in college who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a driver safety course could save 5% or more if you qualify.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you could get a free car insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
Companies that may offer these benefits are:
Double check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Discounts may not be available everywhere.
But I don’t know anything about car insurance
When it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might point out whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 1994 Ford Escort is totaled?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What determines your Ford Escort insurance premium
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
- How credit affects insurance coverage rates – Your credit rating is a big factor in determining your rates. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit scores. So if your credit score can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your 1994 Ford Escort by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Driving your car without having proper coverage is against the law and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance expire. Not only will rates go up, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Just one citation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Good drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have dangerous citations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Most insurance companies will award you with lower prices to customers who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to 10 percent or more. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Your location affects your rates – Being located in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Urban drivers have much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Older drivers save more – Teen drivers are known to get distracted easily when behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance coverage rates. Older insureds are more responsible, file fewer claims and are safer drivers.
Auto insurance 101
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Car insurance terms can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses for things like X-ray expenses, ambulance fees, dental work, pain medications and hospital visits. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your 1994 Ford Escort.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims like hitting a mailbox, driving through your garage door, colliding with a tree, crashing into a ditch and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as a broken windshield, rock chips in glass and vandalism. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability car insurance
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical expenses, structural damage, court costs and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Money doesn’t grow on trees
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, high prices, policy cancellation and poor customer service. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new car insurance company is actually quite simple.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on 1994 Ford Escort insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with an unexpected company.
More information is available at these links:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area