Cheapest 2002 Buick Regal Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper auto insurance rates for your Buick Regal? Nobody cherishes buying auto insurance, especially knowing their premiums are through the roof.
Many auto insurance companies vie for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the lowest rate
Consumers need to shop coverage around quite often because rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the best deal on Regal coverage last year you may be paying too much now. There is a lot of bad information regarding auto insurance online, so we’re going to give you some tested techniques to find affordable auto insurance.
Get lower rates on 2002 Buick Regal insurance
Companies don’t list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both the well known and also the lesser-known car insurance savings.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your policy on Regal coverage.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Resident Student – Children who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- No Charge for an Accident – Certain companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
For a list of companies who offer car insurance discounts, follow this link.
How to Lower Your Insurance Cost
Most companies provide coverage prices directly from their websites. The process is pretty painless as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. Upon sending the form, their system orders reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price based on these and other factors. Quoting online makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the time required to go to many different websites and complete many quote forms can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible in order to get the best price on insurance.
The better way to compare rates
The quickest way to get multiple rate quotes uses one form that gets prices from a bunch of companies at once. It saves time, eliminates repetitive work, and makes online price comparison much more enjoyable and efficient. Immediately after you send the form, it gets priced and you are able to buy your choice of the returned quotes. If a lower price is quoted, you can simply submit the application and buy the new coverage. The whole process can be completed in a matter of minutes and can result in significant savings.
If you want to find out what other companies charge, simply click here to open in new window and begin entering your coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you enter deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will have rate quotes using the same coverage and limits.
Factors that can influence insurance rates for a Buick Regal
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help determine the price you pay for insurance coverage. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Just one moving violation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Good drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have dangerous citations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Your job and insurance rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance coverage? Careers like real estate brokers, social workers and financial analysts have higher average rates due to high stress and long work days. Conversely, occupations like actors, engineers and homemakers get better rates on Regal coverage.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If the Buick Regal scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- Liability coverage protects you – Liability coverage provides coverage in the event that you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Credit scores impact insurance coverage rates – A driver’s credit score is a large factor in determining your rates. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your 2002 Buick Regal by improving your rating. People with excellent credit tend to be more responsible than drivers who have poor credit.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Most companies provide better rates to customers who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Older drivers save more – Youthful drivers have a tendency to be more careless when behind the wheel so insurance coverage rates are higher. Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if you may require specific advice.
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- What is the ISO rating for a 2002 Buick Regal?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Parts of your insurance policy
Having a good grasp of insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as damage from getting keyed, falling objects and hitting a bird. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability coverage – This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 25/50/25 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things like repair costs for stationary objects, court costs and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage pays for damage to your Regal caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a parking meter, driving through your garage door and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Buick Regal.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses for things like surgery, funeral costs, X-ray expenses, pain medications and dental work. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Feed the piggy bank
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price.
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to shop for 2002 Buick Regal insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from a small mutual company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Cheap insurance can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area