Cheapest 2001 Honda Prelude Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 17, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Comparing auto insurance rates online may seem to be difficult if you have never used online quotes. But relax because we’re going to show you how.
Honda Prelude insurance rates can be determined by these details
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that go into determining car insurance rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
- Better credit means lower rates – A driver’s credit rating is a large factor in determining your rates. Drivers with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with poor credit. If your credit can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your 2001 Honda Prelude by improving your rating.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men have accidents in similar percentages, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Even a single ticket may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who get flagrant violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Being located in less populated areas is a positive aspect when buying car insurance. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances means higher likelihood of an accident.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but a few need to be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car is cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- College Student – Youth drivers living away from home attending college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Accident Waiver – Some insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Prelude insurance than less cautious drivers.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut your overall premium however.
Companies who might offer these benefits are:
- American Family
- The Hartford
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts might not apply everywhere.
Drivers who switch save $463 a year? Really?
Auto insurance providers like State Farm and Allstate constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. They all have a common claim that you’ll save big if you switch your policy. How can each company claim to save you money?
All the different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of customer that makes them money. For instance, a desirable insured could possibly be a mature driver, has no tickets, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer who meets those qualifications will get the preferred rates and therefore will save a lot of money.
Potential customers who do not match these standards will have to pay a more expensive rate which usually ends up with business not being written. The ads say “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. This is how companies can truthfully state the savings.
Because of the profiling, drivers should get a wide range of price quotes. It’s just too difficult to predict which auto insurance company will give you the biggest savings on Honda Prelude insurance.
What coverages do I need?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2001 Honda Prelude?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses such as funeral costs, X-ray expenses and dental work. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage protection
This coverage covers damage to your Prelude resulting from a collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, driving through your garage door and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as falling objects, a broken windshield and theft. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for liability
This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as emergency aid, loss of income, structural damage and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Honda Prelude.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Affordable insurance is out there
Cheaper 2001 Honda Prelude insurance is attainable from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not provide online price quotes and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to reduce insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund or even delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies is easier than you think.
More tips and info about insurance can be found in these articles:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area