Cheap 2001 GMC Jimmy Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Sick and tired of being strong-armed each month for car insurance? You are in the same boat as most other car owners. Because you have many car insurance companies to choose from, it can be challenging to find the right car insurance company.
Consumers should take time to price shop coverage on a regular basis because insurance rates change frequently. Just because you had the best deal on Jimmy insurance two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding car insurance on the internet, so we’re going to give you some of the best ways to reduce your car insurance bill.
This information will instruct you on how car insurance quotes work and some tricks to saving. If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using this information. Vehicle owners just need to understand the proper methods to shop for insurance coverage online.
Discounts are great for lower rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may find discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for prior to getting the savings. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may receive better car insurance rates on Jimmy insurance.
- Student in College – Youth drivers living away from home attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut your overall premium however.
Companies that may offer these benefits include:
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not apply everywhere.
Compare the Market for Insurance
There are multiple methods you can shop for 2001 GMC Jimmy insurance but one way is easier and takes less work. You can waste a few hours (or days) driving to local insurance agents in your area, or you can utilize online quoting to quickly compare rates.
Most major companies are enrolled in a marketplace where prospective buyers submit their information once, and every company returns a competitive quote based on that data. This eliminates the need for quote requests for every insurance company.
To use this form to compare 2001 GMC Jimmy insurance rates click here (opens in new window).
The one disadvantage to pricing coverage this way is that you can’t choose which companies to get pricing from. So if you want to choose specific insurance companies to compare rates, we put together a list of low cost insurance companies in your area. Click to view list.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just ensure you are comparing the exact same coverage limits for each price quote. If your comparisons have unequal deductibles or liability limits you will not be able to truly determine the lowest rate.
These factors can influence what you pay for GMC Jimmy insurance
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what determines base rates enables informed choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” auto insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Jobs such as doctors, executives and financial analysts tend to have higher average rates in part from high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, occupations like scientists, engineers and retirees receive lower rates on Jimmy insurance.
- Higher deductibles cost less – Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your GMC from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the less your auto insurance will be on Jimmy insurance.
- Women pay lower rates – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Both sexes cause accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also tend to receive more costly citations such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – Teenage drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older insureds are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Discounts for married couples – Being married can actually save you money on auto insurance. It translates into being more mature than a single person and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Where do you drive? – The more miles you rack up on your GMC in a year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most companies apply a rate based on their usage. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. An improperly rated Jimmy can cost quite a bit. Make sure your auto insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Where you live can impact rates – Residing in a rural area can be a good thing when buying auto insurance. Urban drivers have to deal with much more traffic and longer commute times. Lower population means reduced accidents.
You may need specialized coverage
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2001 GMC Jimmy?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Educate yourself about auto insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the normal coverages available from auto insurance companies.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as damage from flooding, fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from getting keyed and hitting a deer. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your GMC Jimmy.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Usually the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as medical services, structural damage, loss of income and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses for things like surgery, pain medications, prosthetic devices and nursing services. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage covers damage to your Jimmy from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as hitting a parking meter, colliding with a tree, damaging your car on a curb and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Take this to the bank
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Budget-conscious 2001 GMC Jimmy insurance is available both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
You just learned a lot of techniques to get a better price on insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area