Cheapest 1998 GMC Jimmy Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding the cheapest insurance for your GMC Jimmy can turn out to be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks and make it easy.
There are more efficient ways to compare insurance rates and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a new or used GMC and find the cheapest rates from both online companies and local agents.
It’s a great practice to take a look at other company’s rates occasionally since rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the best rates on Jimmy coverage a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. So forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re about to learn how to use online quotes to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Buying more affordable auto insurance can be fairly easy. If you have a policy now or need new coverage, you can follow these tips to find better prices while maintaining coverages. Drivers just need to know the proper methods to compare rates online.
GMC Jimmy insurance rates can be determined by these details
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. Knowing what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower insurance coverage prices.
- More people means more accidents – Choosing to live in a rural area can be a good thing when buying insurance coverage. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer people means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Little extras can really add up – There are many extra coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Coverages for personal injury protection, towing coverage and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea initially, but if you don’t need them eliminate them to save money.
- What are your deductibles? – Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your GMC. Some instances where coverage would apply could be a windshield shattered by a rock, damage caused by hail, and burglary. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be on Jimmy coverage.
- An active claims history can cost you – If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance companies give better rates to people who do not file claims often. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a sure-fire way to increase your insurance coverage rates. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Drive less and save money – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that are left in the garage qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Verify your insurance coverage coverage is showing the proper vehicle usage. Incorrect usage on your Jimmy can result in significantly higher rates.
Car Insurance Comparison Rates
All major car insurance companies like State Farm and Allstate quote prices for coverage on the web. Getting quotes doesn’t take much effort as you just type in the coverages you want as requested by the quote form. Behind the scenes, their rating system will obtain information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price.
Quoting online makes comparing rates easy, but the time required to go to each company’s website and repetitively fill out multiple forms can get tiresome after awhile. But it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you are searching for better car insurance pricing.
There is a better way!
A more efficient way to lower your car insurance bill uses one form to return rates from more than one company. This type of form saves time, eliminates form submissions, and makes online price comparison much more enjoyable. Immediately after submitting the form, it is quoted and you are able to buy any or none of the resulting price quotes.
If a lower price is quoted, you can simply submit the application and purchase coverage. It takes just a few minutes to complete and may save quite a bit of money.
If you want to get comparison pricing now, click here to open in new window and input your coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you type in coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. This ensures you will receive comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
Cut prices on 1998 GMC Jimmy insurance
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there are discounts available to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked about prior to getting the savings. If you don’t get every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your policy on Jimmy coverage.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- No Charge for an Accident – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off on Jimmy coverage with certain companies.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
To see a list of companies offering car insurance discounts, follow this link.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I buy full coverage?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- What is the ISO rating for a 1998 GMC Jimmy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Specific coverages for a 1998 GMC Jimmy
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability – This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 50/100/50 which stand for a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for things like bail bonds, legal defense fees and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses like pain medications, EMT expenses, doctor visits and chiropractic care. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Collision coverages – Collision insurance pays for damage to your Jimmy caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This coverage gives you protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your 1998 GMC Jimmy.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hail damage, fire damage, damage from getting keyed and hitting a bird. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
More choices the merrier
As you shop your coverage around, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford.
Affordable 1998 GMC Jimmy insurance can be sourced both online and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance coverage companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
In this article, we presented many ways to reduce insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even find the most savings is with a small local company.
Additional insurance coverage information can be found on the following sites:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area