Compare 2000 Toyota Avalon Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Having to pay for overpriced Toyota Avalon insurance can overdraw your personal savings, especially in this economy. Comparison shopping is a great way to help make ends meet.
Online insurance companies like State Farm and GEICO all claim big savings, bombarding you with ad campaigns and it is challenging if not impossible to avoid their marketing magic and take the time to shop coverage around.
It’s important to take a look at other company’s rates periodically because prices go up and down regularly. Just because you found the best rates for Avalon coverage six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. So just block out anything you think you know about insurance coverage because I’m going to teach you one of the quickest ways to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to save some money using this information. Finding the best rates is easy if you know what you’re doing. But car owners must comprehend how the larger insurance companies price online insurance and use this information to your advantage.
Factors influencing Toyota Avalon insurance rates
It’s important that you understand the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. Knowing what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
- Being married is a good thing – Having a wife or husband actually saves money when buying car insurance. It usually means you are more mature and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Older drivers pay less – Teenage drivers tend to get distracted easily when driving so car insurance rates are higher. If you’ve ever had to add a teenage driver onto a policy can be very expensive. More mature drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women have accidents in similar percentages, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are the most expensive to insure and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a guaranteed way to bump up your car insurance costs. Not only will you pay more, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state DMV.
- Little extras can really add up – There are a lot of additional coverages that you can buy on your car insurance policy. Things like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage and additional equipment coverage are some examples. These may sound like a good investment initially, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Owning a car with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent car theft.
Free Insurance Quotes
When shopping for insurance there are multiple ways of comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies. The simplest method to find the cheapest 2000 Toyota Avalon insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. This can be done in a couple of different ways.
- One of the simplest ways to get the best comparison quotes is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This easy form eliminates the need for separate quotes for each company you want a rate for. One form will get you rate comparisons from insurance companies with the best prices.
- A more time consuming way to analyze rates consists of visiting each individual company website and fill out their own quote form. For instance, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from Progressive, GEICO and GMAC. To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just ensure you’re using exactly the same coverage limits and deductibles with each company. If you have different deductibles it will be very difficult to determine the best price for your Toyota Avalon. Having just a slight variation in coverages can make a big difference in price. Just keep in mind that getting more free quotes gives you a better chance of getting lower pricing.
Can you really save that much by switching?
Companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive continually stream ads on television and other media. All the ads have a common claim of big savings after switching your coverage to them. How does each company make almost identical claims?
Insurance companies can use profiling for the right customer that earns them a profit. A good example of a profitable customer might be between 25 and 40, owns a home, and has a high credit rating. Any driver who matches those parameters will qualify for the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who don’t qualify for these standards will be charged higher premiums and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently state the savings. That is why it is so important to compare as many rates as you can. It’s impossible to know the company that will provide you with the cheapest Toyota Avalon insurance rates.
Take discounts and save
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise every available discount very well, so the following is a list of both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount for Avalon coverage with select insurance companies.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on the same insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for Avalon coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers may qualify for a discount up to 10% for Avalon coverage.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Car insurance companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Discounts may not be available everywhere.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- What is PIP insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Detailed coverages of your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverages offered by insurance companies.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Toyota Avalon.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Liability auto insurance
This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as emergency aid, repair costs for stationary objects, medical services and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like X-ray expenses, hospital visits, chiropractic care, ambulance fees and funeral costs. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a deer, falling objects and hitting a bird. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage covers damage to your Avalon resulting from a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things like crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just presented a lot of ways to compare 2000 Toyota Avalon insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may be surprised to find that the best price on insurance coverage is with some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area