Cheapest 2000 Pontiac Bonneville Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want lower insurance coverage rates for your Pontiac Bonneville? Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy overpriced insurance coverage? Trust us, there are lots of people in the same boat. Or car, as the case may be.
You have multiple auto insurance companies to choose from, and even though it’s nice to have so many options, having too many choices can make it harder to compare rates.
Finding affordable and cheap car insurance is easy if you know what you’re doing and what to look for. Just about anyone who is required by state law to have auto insurance will be able to save money depending on their situation. However, before getting started it’s advisable that vehicle owners learn the way insurance companies market insurance on the web. Taking advantage of how the system works can save you quite a bit of money in the long term.
Does the value of a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville matter?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that go into determining your insurance coverage rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower insurance coverage prices.
Car insurance companies will use various tidbits of information when calculating rates. While it may not seem like the value of a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville would be of any use, vehicle value is incredibly important when it comes to auto insurance rates.
Below is a list of other considerations an insurance company may choose to use:
- Safety features – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping auto theft.
- Policy lapses – Driving with no insurance can get your license suspended and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Driver age – Teenage drivers tend to get distracted easily when behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance coverage rates. Older insureds are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Marital status – Being married can actually save you money on insurance coverage. Marriage means you’re more mature and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Traffic violations – A bad driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Even a single speeding ticket may increase your cost forty percent or more. If you have flagrant violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Driving history – The more miles you rack up on your Pontiac each year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based on their usage. Autos left parked in the garage can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. An improperly rated Bonneville may be costing you. Make sure your insurance coverage policy shows how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
- Credit scores – Having a bad credit rating is a big factor in your rate calculation. People with excellent credit tend to be more responsible than drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your 2000 Pontiac Bonneville by repairing your credit.
What types of discounts are readily available?
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise every discount very well, so we researched both well-publicized as well as the least known ways to save on car insurance.
- Homeowners discount – Being a homeowner can save you money because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount for Bonneville insurance depending on your company.
- Paperless discount – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing on their website.
- Seatbelt discount – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Multi-car discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Multi-policy discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A partial list of companies who might offer these benefits include:
- State Farm
- American Family
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
Double check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your area.
Why do car insurance companies advertise competitive rates?
Companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm constantly bombard you with television and radio advertisements. All the ads have a common claim that you’ll save big if you switch your policy. How can each company claim to save you money?
Different companies can use profiling for the driver that makes them money. For instance, a profitable customer might be profiled as between 30 and 50, has no tickets, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A driver that reaches this preferred standing will get the preferred rates and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who don’t qualify for the requirements will have to pay a more expensive rate which leads to business going elsewhere. The ads say “customers who switch” not, “everyone that quotes” save money. That is how companies can advertise the savings. Because of the profiling, it’s extremely important to get a wide range of price quotes. It is impossible to predict which company will have the lowest Pontiac Bonneville insurance rates.
Does car insurance vary depending on the driver?
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions might help in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice:
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2000 Pontiac Bonneville?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Is a non-owner of my car covered under my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent.
What auto insurance coverage types are available?
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Bonneville resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car, crashing into a building and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like hitting a bird, a broken windshield, damage from flooding and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Personal Injury Protection
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills such as funeral costs, surgery, prosthetic devices, dental work and nursing services. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage protects against things such as bail bonds, attorney fees, pain and suffering, medical expenses and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist Coverage
Uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Pontiac Bonneville.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Why You Should Compare Car Insurance Rates
Budget-conscious 2000 Pontiac Bonneville insurance is available on the web and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
We’ve covered many ideas to compare insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area