Cheapest 1999 Pontiac Bonneville Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper insurance rates for your Pontiac Bonneville? Trying to find cheaper insurance for a Pontiac Bonneville could be a lot of work, but you can follow these tips to save time.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance and you need to know the proper way to quote coverages for a Pontiac and obtain the cheapest rates.
If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. Pricing affordable protection is simple if you know the tricks. Vehicle owners only need to know the tricks to buy auto insurance on the web.
Finding Insurance Coverage
Cutting your insurance coverage rates can be quick and easy. All that’s required is to take time to get quotes online with multiple companies. This can be done in a couple of different ways.
- One of the simplest ways to get the best comparison quotes is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This easy form eliminates the need for boring form submissions to each individual insurance coverage company. In just a few minutes this one form will return quotes from multiple low-cost companies. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- A harder way to get quotes online is to manually visit the website for every company you want to comare to complete a price quote. For example, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from Farmers, 21st Century and State Farm. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, which is why the first method is quicker. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
It’s up to you which method you use, but ensure you’re using exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits for every quote you compare. If you are comparing higher or lower deductibles it’s not possible to make an equal comparison.
Discounts on 1999 Pontiac Bonneville insurance
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before being credited. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for Bonneville coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% for Bonneville coverage with select insurance companies.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
For a list of providers with the best car insurance discounts, click here.
Lesser-known factors impacting Pontiac Bonneville insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that go into determining car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with big savings.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Driving with no insurance can get your license suspended and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay more, but not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations like judges, social workers and financial analysts tend to pay higher average rates in part from stressful work requirements and long work hours. Conversely, occupations like pilots, engineers and performers have the lowest average rates for Bonneville coverage.
- Your age impacts your rates – More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets. Young drivers are statistically proven to get distracted easily when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Pontiac. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. The deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your car insurance pays a claim. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be for Bonneville coverage.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your Pontiac Bonneville has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my 1999 Pontiac Bonneville covered for flood damage?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Does my 1999 Pontiac Bonneville need full coverage?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Specific coverages for a Pontiac Bonneville
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability coverage – This protects you from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims like funeral expenses, attorney fees, emergency aid, medical expenses and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive insurance – This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as fire damage, hitting a bird, a broken windshield, hail damage and falling objects. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverages – This coverage pays for damage to your Bonneville resulting from a collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims like hitting a parking meter, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for immediate expenses for ambulance fees, dental work and EMT expenses. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your 1999 Pontiac Bonneville.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Usually the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Do the work, save more money
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers, policy non-renewal or high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
We just covered some good ideas how to save on 1999 Pontiac Bonneville insurance. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with a small local company.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area