Cheapest 2000 Ford Taurus Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 18, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Buyers have lots of choices when searching for the best price on Ford Taurus insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents to compare prices or save time using the internet to compare rates.
There are both good and bad ways to find auto insurance online so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to price shop coverage on a Ford and locate the lowest possible price either online or from local insurance agents.
If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, you can learn to shop for the lowest rates and still get good coverage. This information will familiarize you with how car insurance quotes work. Drivers only need to know the tricks to get comparison rates online.
Free Auto Insurance Quotes
Finding a better price on auto insurance can be quick and easy. All that’s required is to invest a few minutes comparing rates from different insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The best way to get quotes for comparison is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This type of form prevents you from having to do boring form submissions for every auto insurance company. A single, simple form compares rates from multiple companies. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- Another way to shop for auto insurance online requires visiting each individual company website and request a quote. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from Auto-Owners, Progressive and Farmers. To get rate quotes you would need to visit each site and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The hardest way of getting rate comparisons is driving around to insurance agents’ offices. Shopping for auto insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you require the personal advice only provided by licensed agents. It is possible to comparison shop online and get advice from an agent in your area and we’ll talk about that later.
Whichever way you use, make absolute certain that you use identical deductibles and coverage limits with every price quote. If you are comparing mixed coverages you will not be able to find the best deal for your Ford Taurus.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Pay less for Ford Taurus insurance
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums for Taurus coverage.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- E-sign – A few companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy online.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on auto insurance for Taurus coverage.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will cut your overall premium however.
Companies that may have some of the above discounts include:
- American Family
- The Hartford
Check with each company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not apply in every state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance coverage considerations
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for collisions
This pays for damage to your Taurus resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle, colliding with a tree and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as rock chips in glass, theft, vandalism, hitting a bird and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for liability
This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things such as medical expenses, pain and suffering and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses such as X-ray expenses, EMT expenses and prosthetic devices. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area