Cheapest 2000 Ford Escort Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 16, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Expensive insurance coverage can drain your savings account and make it hard to pay other bills. Doing a price comparison is a smart way to tighten up your finances. Consumers have many auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, too many choices makes it more difficult to compare company pricing.
Pricing more affordable insurance coverage can be fairly easy. If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, you can learn to reduce the price you pay while maximizing coverage. Vehicle owners just need to understand the most efficient way to shop their coverage around over the internet.
Why your Ford Escort might be costing you more
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates enables informed choices that will entitle you to big savings.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more you drive each year the higher your rate. Most companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Vehicles left parked in the garage can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Make sure your auto insurance policy shows the correct driver usage, because it can save money. If your policy improperly rates your Escort can result in significantly higher rates.
- No coverage gaps is important – Not having insurance can get your license suspended and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time.You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department.
- With age comes lower rates – Older insureds are more responsible, file fewer claims and receive fewer citations. Youthful drivers have a tendency to be more careless when behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- High deductibles save money – The deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. The more money you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be on Escort coverage.
- Clean credit earns discounts – Having a bad credit score is a large factor in your rate calculation. If your credit is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2000 Ford Escort by improving your credit score. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit.
- Save money with special equipment – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- How’s your driving record? – Careful drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Just one moving violation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have serious citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Where you reside plays a part – Residing in small towns and rural areas can save you money when it comes to auto insurance. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers have to deal with traffic congestion and longer commute times. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
How to Compare Insurance Coverage Costs
Finding a better price on insurance coverage doesn’t have to be difficult. All that’s required is to take time comparing rates online with multiple companies. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The single most time-saving way to get quotes for comparison would be an industry-wide quote request form (click to open form in new window). This method keeps you from doing repetitive form entry for every insurance coverage company. A single, simple form will return price quotes from several companies.
- A more difficult way to find lower rates is to manually visit each company’s website and request a quote. For examples sake, let’s say you want to compare rates from Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Farmers. To get each rate you have to go to every website and enter your policy data, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
- The least recommended method to get comparison rates is driving around to and from local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the trained guidance of a licensed agent. Drivers can price shop your coverage online but still have the advice of a local agent and we’ll talk about that later.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just double check that you are using apples-to-apples coverages and limits for each price quote. If your comparisons have different limits and deductibles on each one it will be impossible to truly determine the lowest rate.
Best discounts on 2000 Ford Escort coverage
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings. If you don’t get every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on Escort coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will cut the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of companies with discount car insurance rates, click here to view.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Parts of your auto insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are typical coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as falling objects, a broken windshield and damage from flooding. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical expense coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses such as ambulance fees, rehabilitation expenses and surgery. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverages – This coverage pays for damage to your Escort from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car, sideswiping another vehicle and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Auto liability insurance – This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 100/300/100 that translate to a limit of $100,000 per injured person, $300,000 for the entire accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things such as attorney fees, emergency aid, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your 2000 Ford Escort.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Usually these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
More comparisons equals lower rates
You just learned some good ideas how you can save on 2000 Ford Escort insurance. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the best prices are with a small local company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area