Cheapest 2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 17, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Locating the cheapest insurance for a Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 can be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks and make it easy. There are more efficient ways to compare insurance rates so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Dodge and get the lowest price from both online companies and local agents.
You need to shop coverage around periodically because insurance rates change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Ram pickup insurance six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
Compare the Market for Insurance
Finding lower insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. The only requirement is to take time to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies. This can be done in several different ways.
- One of the best ways to get quotes for comparison is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This easy form saves time by eliminating a different quote to each individual insurance company. A single form gets rate comparisons from all major companies. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- A more time consuming way to find lower rates is to manually visit the website of each company to request a price quote. For example, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from Farmers, Safeco and Travelers. You would have to visit each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker.To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just ensure you’re using the exact same coverage information on every quote. If your comparisons have different values for each quote it’s impossible to make an equal comparison.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both well-publicized and the more hidden auto insurance savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break when buying auto insurance on Ram pickup insurance.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Resident Student – Kids in college who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Companies that may offer these money-saving discounts are:
- Farm Bureau
- American Family
- State Farm
Double check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not be available in your state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether you will benefit from professional help.
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- If my 2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- When can I cancel my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Specific coverages for a 2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Dodge Ram Pickup 1500.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Liability car insurance
This coverage can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see values of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects, legal defense fees, pain and suffering and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle, colliding with a tree and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, a broken windshield, rock chips in glass and hail damage. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses like doctor visits, ambulance fees, surgery, dental work and chiropractic care. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area