Cheapest 1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 27, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower insurance coverage rates for your Dodge Ram Pickup 1500? Are you overwhelmed by the wide range of insurance coverage options? Many other consumers are too. People have so many choices that it can easily become a ton of work to find better rates.
Consumers should take time to take a look at other company’s rates periodically because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on Ram pickup insurance two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance coverage because you’re about to find out the fastest way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
The most recommended method to compare policy rates is to know the trick all the major auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data such as your education level, distance driven, how much coverage you want, and if the car is leased. That rating information gets transmitted to many highly-rated insurers and they return cost estimate very quickly.
Beware of misleading insurance coverage ads
Insurance coverage companies such as Allstate and Progressive continually stream ads on TV and radio. They all seem to say the same thing that you can save after switching your coverage to them. But how can every company claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
All companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that makes them money. A good example of a profitable customer could possibly be over the age of 40, has no prior claims, and chooses high deductibles. A propective insured who meets those qualifications will get very good rates and is almost guaranteed to pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who don’t meet this ideal profile will be quoted higher prices and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. This is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings.
This emphasizes why it is so important to get a wide range of price quotes. You cannot predict which insurance coverage company will fit your personal profile best.
Factors influencing Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance rates
It’s important that you understand the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes some of the factors used by your company to calculate prices.
- Big city or small town – Being located in a rural area can be a good thing when buying auto insurance. Urban drivers tend to have much more traffic and longer commute times. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Safer cars reduce injuries and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Drive less and save money – The higher the mileage driven in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your auto insurance declarations sheet shows the correct usage for each vehicle. Incorrect usage on your Ram Pickup 1500 may be costing you.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Your credit rating is a huge factor in your rate calculation. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your 1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 by repairing your credit.
- Your age impacts your rates – Teen drivers are statistically proven to get distracted easily when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older insureds are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but a few need to be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with certain professional organizations could trigger savings on car insurance on Ram pickup insurance.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Accident Waiver – Certain companies allow you one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the cost of coverage.
For a list of providers with the best car insurance discounts, follow this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Auto insurance coverage considerations
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers claims such as structural damage, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, legal defense fees, pain and suffering and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses such as doctor visits, EMT expenses, ambulance fees, rehabilitation expenses and funeral costs. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hitting a deer, falling objects, damage from getting keyed, theft and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Usually these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
This coverage pays for damage to your Ram Pickup 1500 caused by collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like backing into a parked car, crashing into a building, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Quote more. Save more.
You just learned some good ideas how you can shop for 1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
The cheapest insurance is definitely available both online as well as from independent agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an insured cut full coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area