Cheapest 2000 Chevrolet Tracker Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest car insurance rates for your Chevrolet Tracker? Are you tired of being strong-armed to pay your car insurance bill each month? You’re in the same situation as many other consumers.
With so many online and local companies to choose from, it is very difficult to choose the most cost effective company.
Finding affordable coverage is quite easy. Essentially anyone who is required by state law to have insurance will most likely be able to save money. But drivers must comprehend the methods companies use to market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Why your Chevy Tracker insurance rates may be high
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse will be a sure-fire way to increase your auto insurance rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are many add-on coverages that can waste your money on your auto insurance policy. Things like vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness and additional equipment coverage are some examples. These coverages may sound good at first, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Marriage brings a discount – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on auto insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more responsible it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars reduce injuries and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Chevy Tracker has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
Cut your premium with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise every available discount very well, so we researched some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application over the internet.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums on Tracker insurance.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Car insurance companies that may have these discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not apply in every state.
How can Allstate, GEICO and Progressive save drivers who switch?
Auto insurance providers like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive consistently run ads in print and on television. They all make the same claim that you’ll save big if you change to their company. How do they all say the same thing?
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the driver that makes them money. An example of a driver they prefer might be between the ages of 40 and 55, a clean driving record, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any new insured who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and as a result will probably pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who fall outside the “perfect” profile will be charged higher premiums which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads state “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that kind of money. That’s the way companies can make the claims of big savings. That is why it is so important to get as many comparisons as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict the company that will have the lowest Chevy Tracker insurance rates.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 2000 Chevy Tracker?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2000 Chevy Tracker?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Parts of your auto insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the normal coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your 2000 Chevy Tracker.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like hitting a parking meter, backing into a parked car and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from getting keyed, falling objects and vandalism. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to other people or property. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims like court costs, legal defense fees, pain and suffering and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses for pain medications, doctor visits and funeral costs. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Save your cold hard cash
The cheapest 2000 Chevy Tracker insurance can be sourced both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. A few companies may not provide online quoting and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can get a better price on insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the lowest priced insurance coverage comes from a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
To learn more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area