Cheapest 1999 Chevrolet Tracker Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better auto insurance rates for your Chevrolet Tracker? Trying to find better insurance prices for a Chevy Tracker could be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our auto insurance buying tips to find lower rates.
There are more efficient ways to compare auto insurance rates and you need to know the best way to get price quotes for your Chevy and get the cheapest rates from both online companies and local agents.
It’s a good habit to shop coverage around periodically since rates are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the best price for Tracker coverage last year a different company probably has better rates today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to use online quotes to find better coverage at a better price.
Finding affordable auto insurance coverage can be fairly easy. If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, you can follow these tips to get lower rates and still get good coverage. Consumers only need to know the tricks to compare prices online.
Compare Car Insurance Today
Performing a rate comparison can be a lot of work if you aren’t aware of the most efficient way. You could waste a few hours discussing policy coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you can stay home and use the web to quickly compare rates.
Most of the larger companies are enrolled in a marketplace that allows shoppers to submit one quote, and every company returns a rated price. This prevents consumers from doing form submissions to each individual car insurance company.
To find out how much you can save on car insurance click to open in new window.
The one downside to using this type of system is buyers cannot specifically choose which companies to receive prices from. So if you prefer to pick from a list of companies for rate comparison, we put together a list of low cost car insurance companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
Whichever way you use, be sure to compare identical coverage information on every quote you get. If you have unequal deductibles or liability limits then you won’t be able to determine the lowest rate for your Chevy Tracker.
Discounts can save BIG
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be specially asked for prior to getting the savings. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for Tracker coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Accident Forgiveness – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will bring down your premiums.
A partial list of companies that may have these money-saving discounts are:
Before buying, ask each company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
These factors can influence what you pay for Chevy Tracker insurance
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. Knowing what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that can help you get big savings.
- Your location is important – Residing in a small town can save you money when it comes to car insurance. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents. City drivers have to deal with traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. More time on the road can result in more accidents.
- How credit affects car insurance rates – Your credit score is a huge factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. So if your credit is low, you could be paying less to insure your 1999 Chevrolet Tracker by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers like judges, executives and financial analysts are shown to have higher average rates in part from stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, occupations like pilots, engineers and performers pay the least for Tracker coverage.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Most car insurance companies will give a discount to people who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but men cause more damage. Men also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Youthful male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
- Frequent car insurance claims increase rates – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies give cheaper rates to people who file claims infrequently. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart auto theft.
- Your age impacts your rates – Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations. Young drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
Coverages available on your policy
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Coverage for medical expenses – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses for nursing services, funeral costs, pain medications, dental work and EMT expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your 1999 Chevy Tracker.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Frequently these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage covers damage to your Tracker resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as damaging your car on a curb, sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a building and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive auto insurance – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hitting a bird, hail damage, damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hitting a deer. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability coverages – Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, funeral expenses, structural damage and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Be Smart and Buy Smart
Lower-priced 1999 Chevy Tracker insurance is available both online in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not provide online quoting and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, delays in paying claims, high rates after DUI convictions and denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is easier than you think.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area