Cheapest 1999 Volvo V70 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper auto insurance rates for your Volvo V70? No one looks forward to paying for auto insurance, in particular when the cost is too high. Consumers have many insurers to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, it can be more difficult to compare rates.
It is always a good idea to compare prices at least once a year because insurance rates change regularly. Just because you had the lowest price for V70 insurance a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better rates now. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about auto insurance online but we’re going to give you some great ways to stop overpaying for insurance.
Buying car insurance is not rocket science. If you have a policy now or need a new policy, you can learn to shop for the lowest rates and still get good coverage. Vehicle owners only need to know how to compare price quotes online.
How to Get Insurance Comparison Quotes
Getting better 1999 Volvo V70 insurance pricing is surprisingly easy. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes to compare rate quotes online with multiple companies. This can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The most efficient way consumers can analyze rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This type of form eliminates the need for repetitive form entry for each company you want a rate for. A single form will return quotes from multiple low-cost companies.
- A different way to analyze rates is to manually visit the website for each individual company to request a price quote. For examples sake, let’s assume you want rates from Progressive, Safeco and GMAC. To get each rate you have to visit each site to enter your coverage information, which is why most consumers use the first method.To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
However you get your quotes, make absolute certain that you use exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits for every quote you compare. If you are comparing mixed coverages then you won’t be able to decipher which rate is best.
Cut prices on 1999 Volvo V70 insurance
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and the more hidden ways to save on insurance coverage. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy online.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Volvo could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more for V70 insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums for V70 insurance.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts include:
- American Family
- The Hartford
Double check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Discounts may not be available in your area.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- If my 1999 Volvo V70 is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Insurance coverage basics
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the usual coverages found on most insurance policies.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses like doctor visits, dental work and ambulance fees. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage pays for damage to your V70 from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like scraping a guard rail, sideswiping another vehicle and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding and falling objects. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for liability
This protects you from damage or injury you incur to other people or property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a limit of $100,000 per injured person, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like medical services, emergency aid and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
More quotes mean more savings
We just showed you a lot of ways to save on 1999 Volvo V70 insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. These smaller insurers can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Low-cost insurance is definitely available online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not provide online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
While you’re price shopping online, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced collision coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area