Cheapest 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower insurance coverage rates for your Pontiac Grand Prix? Have you fallen victim to high-priced insurance coverage? Trust us when we tell you there are a lot of people just like you who feel imprisoned by their insurance coverage policy.
Insurance companies such as GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm continually hit you with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to save some money using these techniques. Choosing the best insurance company for you is not that difficult. But drivers can benefit from knowing the way insurance companies sell insurance online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Factors determining your Pontiac Grand Prix insurance premium
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates enables informed choices that may reward you with big savings.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men have accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Where do you drive? – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more you will pay for auto insurance. Almost all companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your Grand Prix may be wasting your money. Double check that your auto insurance coverage properly reflects the proper vehicle usage.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Even one speeding ticket can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with flagrant tickets like DUI or reckless driving are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
- Your age impacts your rates – Teenage drivers are known to be less responsible behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Adding a teenage driver to your policy can be very expensive. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers.
- Where you reside plays a part – Choosing to live in less populated areas can save you money when buying auto insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident.
- Too many auto insurance claims drive up costs – Car insurance companies award cheaper rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Many insurers will award you with lower prices to insureds who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to shop around to ensure the best deal.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart auto theft.
Fast and Easy Insurance Coverage Quotes
The are a couple different ways of comparing rate quotes from insurance coverage companies in your area. The easiest way by far to compare 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The first (and easiest) way to get quotes is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This easy form saves time by eliminating multiple quote forms for each company you want a rate for. In just a few minutes this one form gets you coverage quotes from several companies.
- A less efficient way to find lower rates is to manually visit each individual company website and complete a new quote form. For examples sake, let’s assume you want to compare Auto-Owners, Progressive and Farmers. You would have to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
- The most time-consuming method to compare rates is to spend your day driving to insurance agents’ offices. The ability to buy insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you have a need for the professional guidance of a local agent. It is possible to compare the best prices online and still use a local agent and we’ll touch on that later.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make absolute certain that you use apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles with each company. If you use different limits and deductibles on each one then you won’t be able to determine which rate is truly the best. Just a small difference in coverage limits can result in a big premium difference. And when price shopping your coverage, having more price comparisons will enable you to find a better price.
How to save on 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix insurance
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, buy you may qualify for discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before being credited.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less for Grand Prix insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
Insurance companies who might offer these discounts include:
Before buying, ask each company which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not be offered in your state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions could help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix?
- How high should deductibles be on a 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix?
- How much liability insurance is required?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Car insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the usual coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Collision coverage covers damage to your Grand Prix from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like a broken windshield, vandalism and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 100/300/100 which stand for a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims like court costs, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical expenses and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses for EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses and pain medications. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
In the end, you save
When you buy insurance online, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Lower-priced 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix insurance is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
More tips and info about insurance coverage is available in the articles below:
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area