Cheapest 1992 Pontiac Grand Prix Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 20, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower insurance rates for your Pontiac Grand Prix? Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy overpriced insurance? Trust us, many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out. There is such a variety of insurers to purchase coverage from, and even though it’s nice to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to locate the cheapest rates.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes periodically since rates change quite often. Just because you found the lowest price on Grand Prix coverage a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to learn one of the easiest ways to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Buying cheaper coverage can be fairly easy. If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, you will benefit by learning to find better prices and still get good coverage. Consumers just need to understand the proper way to shop their coverage around on the web.
Insurance Quote Comparison
Performing a rate comparison can be challenging if you aren’t aware of the best way to get rate quotes. You could waste a few hours driving to insurance companies in your area, or you can stay home and use the internet to get prices fast.
The majority of car insurance companies participate in a marketplace where prospective buyers only type in their quote data once, and each participating company then gives them pricing. This prevents consumers from doing quotation requests to each company.
To get comparison pricing now click here (opens in new window).
The one downside to doing it this way is buyers cannot specifically choose the insurers to get pricing from. So if you prefer to choose specific providers for rate comparison, we have a listing of low cost insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
It’s up to you which method you use, but compare the exact same information for each comparison quote. If you enter mixed coverages it’s not possible to determine which rate is truly the best.
How much can you save with discounts?
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be asked about in order for you to get them. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount on Grand Prix coverage depending on your company.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may be able to get a discount up to 10% on Grand Prix coverage.
- Student in College – Kids in college who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers pay much less compared to bad drivers.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home may trigger a car insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Pontiac could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will bring down the cost of coverage.
For a list of insurance companies with the best car insurance discounts, click this link.
Parts of the Pontiac Grand Prix rate equation
It’s important that you understand the factors that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. Understanding what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get better car insurance rates.
- More people means more accidents – Residing in a small town can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate. City drivers regularly have much more traffic to deal with and a longer drive to work. Higher commute times can result in more accidents.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – Auto insurance companies award cheaper rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you file claims often, you can look forward to higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- What are your deductibles? – The deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims would be colliding with a building, vandalism, or theft. The more you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive on Grand Prix coverage.
- Liability coverage is cheap – The liability section of your policy is the protection if ever a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
How much car insurance do I need?
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Switch companies and save? Really?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for cheaper car insurance from companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the ads make an identical promise that you can save after switching your policy.
How does each company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that earns them a profit. For example, a desirable insured might be between the ages of 40 and 55, a clean driving record, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A propective insured that hits that “sweet spot” receives the best rates and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile will be charged higher premiums and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That’s the way companies can advertise the savings.
That is why you should get quotes from several different companies. Because you never know which company will have the lowest Pontiac Grand Prix insurance rates.
Car insurance policy specifics
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverage types found on the average car insurance policy.
This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims like pain and suffering, court costs and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills for things like ambulance fees, EMT expenses, X-ray expenses and funeral costs. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage protection
This will pay to fix damage to your Grand Prix resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like crashing into a ditch, colliding with a tree and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hitting a deer, hail damage, damage from flooding and a broken windshield. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your 1992 Pontiac Grand Prix.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
More quotes. Lower rates.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to shop for 1992 Pontiac Grand Prix insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
When shopping online for car insurance, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
More information is available at the links below
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area