Cheapest 1998 BMW Z3 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 19, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want lower auto insurance rates for your BMW Z3? Are you overwhelmed by the dozens of auto insurance options? Lot’s of other consumers are too. Consumers have so many options available that it can be a lot of work to compare prices.
You need to price shop coverage at least once a year since insurance rates change quite often. Even if you got the best deal for Z3 coverage a few years ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the only way to find better coverage at a better price.
Car Insurance Comparisons
All major car insurance companies provide coverage prices online. Getting online quotes doesn’t take much effort as you just enter your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. Upon sending the form, their rating system collects information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote based on many factors.
Quoting online helps simplify price comparisons, but the time it takes to visit each company’s website and repetitively enter the same data into a form gets old quite quickly. But it is imperative to do this in order to get the best price on car insurance.
The easiest way to lower your car insurance bill is to use a quote form to obtain quotes from several companies at one time. It saves time, reduces the work, and makes rate comparisons much more enjoyable. After sending your information, your coverage is rated and you can choose your choice of the price quotes you receive. If you find a better price you simply finish the application and buy the policy. The whole process takes just a few minutes to complete and can result in significant savings.
In order to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, click here and enter your information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you enter deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will be getting a price comparison based on similar coverages.
Factors influencing BMW Z3 insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that come into play when calculating insurance coverage rates. Knowing what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to better insurance coverage rates.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate prices.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Having a spouse can get you a discount on insurance coverage. Having a spouse usually means you are more responsible and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
- Big city or small town – Residing in a small town can be a good thing when it comes to insurance coverage. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents. City drivers have to deal with much more traffic to deal with and longer commutes to work. More time on the road means more change of being in an accident.
- Too many insurance coverage claims drive up costs – Insurance companies give cheaper rates to people who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Special features that cut premiums – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
- Clean credit earns discounts – A driver’s credit score is a important factor in calculating your insurance coverage rates. If your credit is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your 1998 BMW Z3 by improving your rating. Drivers with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have poor credit.
- Battle of the sexes – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Both sexes cause accidents in similar numbers, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Driving with no insurance is illegal and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage will get you a revoked license or a big fine.
Take discounts and save
Companies don’t always publicize every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing online.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course in driver safety could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts as compared to bad drivers.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for reduced rates for Z3 coverage.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount for Z3 coverage with certain companies.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Companies who might offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
- The Hartford
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not be available in your area.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Who is covered when they drive my 1998 BMW Z3?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Coverages available on your auto insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Liability car insurance
This will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims such as funeral expenses, attorney fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, emergency aid and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as a broken windshield, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects, damage from flooding and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Z3 caused by collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things like colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car, scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your BMW Z3.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses for things like doctor visits, pain medications and chiropractic care. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Have the Midas touch
When shopping online for insurance, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford.
Lower-priced 1998 BMW Z3 insurance is possible from both online companies and with local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
We just presented a lot of tips how to compare insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
Much more information about insurance is available below:
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area