Cheapest 1997 Honda Civic del Sol Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 17, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Overpriced Honda Civic del Sol insurance can drain your checking account and put a big crunch on your finances. Comparing price quotes is a smart way to cut your insurance bill.
Many auto insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every provider to get the lowest rate possible.
Discounts on Honda Civic del Sol insurance
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may find discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may be able to get better auto insurance rates on Civic del Sol insurance.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for switching to them before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will cut your premiums.
Insurance companies that may offer some of the above discounts are:
- State Farm
- American Family
- Liberty Mutual
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not be available in every state.
Honda Civic del Sol rate determination is complex
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” auto insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Liability coverage will protect you if a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Most companies will award you with lower prices to policyholders who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still be able to find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even a single citation can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Careful drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get dangerous violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Your credit history is a big factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Therefore, if your credit rating is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your 1997 Honda Civic del Sol by improving your credit score. Consumers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- What are your deductibles? – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be on Civic del Sol insurance.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Safer cars protect occupants better and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your Honda Civic del Sol has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Pleasure use or commuting – Driving more miles each year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your auto insurance coverage is rated on the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. If your policy improperly rates your Civic del Sol may be costing you.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions may help highlight whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance myths debunked
Car insurance providers like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive continually stream television and radio advertisements. They all make the same claim of big savings after switching to their company. But how can every company make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
Different companies have a preferred profile for the driver they prefer to insure. For example, a desirable insured might be between the ages of 30 and 50, owns a home, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any driver who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who don’t meet this ideal profile will be quoted higher premiums which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save that much. This is how companies can truthfully advertise the savings.
This emphasizes why you absolutely need to compare many company’s rates. It’s impossible to know which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings on Honda Civic del Sol insurance.
Car insurance coverage basics
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverage types found on the average car insurance policy.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Civic del Sol resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like crashing into a ditch, damaging your car on a curb, colliding with a tree and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for short-term medical expenses for prosthetic devices, pain medications, funeral costs, nursing services and doctor visits. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Honda Civic del Sol.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to other people or property. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things like medical services, medical expenses, funeral expenses, structural damage and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like a broken windshield, hitting a deer and hail damage. The most your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
The cheapest 1997 Honda Civic del Sol insurance is available from both online companies and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Much more information about car insurance is available at these links:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area