Cheapest 1996 Toyota Celica Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for better insurance coverage rates for your Toyota Celica? Finding better insurance prices for your Toyota Celica can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance coverage buying tips to find lower rates. There are more efficient ways to shop for insurance coverage and we’ll show you the proper way to get price quotes for your Toyota and find the lowest price from both online companies and local agents.
It’s smart to price shop coverage every six months because insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the best price for Celica insurance last year other companies may now be cheaper. Don’t believe everything you read about insurance coverage online but we’re going to give you some proven techniques to find cheap insurance coverage.
How to Buy Car Insurance Online
Getting better 1996 Toyota Celica car insurance pricing doesn’t have to be difficult. Just take a few minutes to compare quotes online from several insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
- The most efficient way consumers can analyze rates is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This method eliminates the need for boring form submissions for each company. A single form gets rate comparisons from several companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A different way to get quotes online is spending the time to visit the website for each individual company to complete a price quote. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from State Farm, Allstate and Liberty Mutual. You would have to go to every website and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular.For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
- The most time-consuming way of comparing rate quotes is to drive around to different agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you require the professional advice that only a license agent can provide. Drivers can compare the best prices online and still use a local agent and we’ll cover that in a bit.
Whichever way you use, ensure you are comparing exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits for each price quote. If you are comparing different deductibles it will be impossible to determine the best price for your Toyota Celica.
Don’t overlook these eight discounts
Auto insurance companies do not list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both the well known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application over the internet.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more for Celica insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Resident Student – Kids in college who attend school more than 100 miles from home without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies that may have some of the above discounts include:
- State Farm
- American Family
- 21st Century
Double check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not be offered in every state.
Is my situation unique?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions might point out whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my 1996 Toyota Celica qualify for pleasure use?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 1996 Toyota Celica?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills such as doctor visits, funeral costs, EMT expenses and dental work. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer, hail damage, rock chips in glass and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, attorney fees, medical expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
This will pay to fix damage to your Celica resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like driving through your garage door, hitting a mailbox and damaging your car on a curb. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Toyota Celica.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
A fool and his money are soon parted
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just read a lot of ways to lower your 1996 Toyota Celica insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may discover the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier.
Cost effective insurance can be bought both online and with local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
Much more information about car insurance can be read on the following sites:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area