Cheapest 1996 Ford Thunderbird Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for better auto insurance rates for your Ford Thunderbird? Scraping up a payment for overpriced Ford Thunderbird insurance can empty your personal savings and force you to prioritize other expenses. Comparison shopping is free and is an excellent way to help make ends meet.
Online insurance companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO continually bombard you with ad campaigns and it is difficult to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and take the time to shop coverage around.
It’s a good idea to compare rates on a regular basis because prices trend upward over time. If you had the lowest price on Thunderbird insurance a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. You can find a lot of wrong information about auto insurance on the web, but with this article, you’re going to get some guaranteed methods to slash your auto insurance rates.
If you have car insurance now, you should be able to cut costs considerably using this information. Choosing the best insurance company for you is not that difficult. Nevertheless, drivers can benefit by having an understanding of how insurance companies market on the web and use this information to your advantage.
Compare Auto Insurance Today
Most companies give prices on their websites. Getting quotes is fairly straightforward as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. Once entered, the company’s rating system automatically orders credit information and your driving record and quotes a price. This streamlines rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit many different websites and complete many quote forms can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes in order to get the lowest price.
An easier way to get multiple rate quotes uses one simple form that analyzes rates from many companies. It saves time, reduces the work, and makes online shopping much easier to do. As soon as you send your information, it is rated with multiple companies and you can pick your choice of the quote results. If a lower price is quoted, you can simply submit the application and purchase coverage. The whole process only takes a few minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To save time and get comparison pricing now, click here to open in new window and begin entering your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. This guarantees you will get comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
Can you really save that much by switching?
Car insurance providers like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive regularly use ads in print and on television. They all make an identical promise of big savings if you move to their company. How can each company claim to save you money?
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer they prefer to insure. For instance, a preferred risk might be between 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and has excellent credit. A propective insured that hits that “sweet spot” gets the lowest rates and as a result will probably save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who fall outside the requirements will be quoted higher rates and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads state “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. That’s why companies can claim big savings. This emphasizes why you need to get quotes from several different companies. It’s impossible to know the company that will have the lowest Ford Thunderbird insurance rates.
Factors influencing Ford Thunderbird insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that play a part in calculating your insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower insurance prices.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into prices.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Most insurers give discounts to insureds who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still be able to find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Clean credit earns discounts – Your credit history is a huge factor in determining your rates. If your credit score is not that good, you could pay less to insure your 1996 Ford Thunderbird by improving your rating. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Your spouse saves you money – Being married helps lower the price when buying insurance. Having a significant other means you’re more responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. They both are in accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Ford from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your insurance will be on Thunderbird insurance.
Discounts are great for lower rates
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list all available discounts very clearly, so we researched both the well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums on Thunderbird insurance.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Ford could be rewarded with a substantially lower rate.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Thunderbird insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
For a list of providers offering insurance discounts, click here to view.
You may need specialized coverage
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- How high should deductibles be on a 1996 Ford Thunderbird?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 1996 Ford Thunderbird?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Learn about insurance coverages for a Ford Thunderbird
Understanding the coverages of insurance can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the normal coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Auto liability insurance
This will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, legal defense fees, medical services and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things like hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and rock chips in glass. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses for dental work, ambulance fees and prosthetic devices. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
You can do this!
We just presented some good ideas how you can lower your 1996 Ford Thunderbird insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate.
Low-cost insurance is definitely available online and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional information is located below:
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area