Cheapest 1996 Chevrolet Corvette Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No one enjoys paying for car insurance, particularly when they are paying too much. You have so many auto insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, it can be more difficult to compare company pricing.
You should make it a habit to compare prices periodically since insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Corvette insurance two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to find out how to use online quotes to buy cheaper car insurance.
The purpose of this post is to tell you how to get online quotes and some money-saving tips. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using these methods. Drivers just need to understand the best way to get comparison quotes on the web.
Cheap Insurance Comparisons
There are a variety of methods to compare 1996 Chevy Corvette insurance quotes, but there is one way that is less time-consuming than others. You can waste a few hours (or days) discussing policy coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you can stay home and use online quotes to achieve your goal.
Many insurance companies belong to a marketplace that allows shoppers to submit their information once, and each participating company returns a rated price determined by their information. This saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions for each company.
To find out how much you can save on insurance click to open in new window.
The one downside to pricing coverage this way is you don’t know exactly the providers to get quotes from. So if you prefer to choose individual companies to receive pricing from, we have assembled a list of insurance companies in your area. Click to view list.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make sure you use apples-to-apples quote information for each price quote. If you are comparing different liability limits it will be very difficult to determine which rate is truly the best.
You probably qualify for some discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but a few must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who live away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on Corvette insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Accident Forgiveness – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates when buying auto insurance on Corvette insurance.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will reduce your premiums.
A partial list of companies that may have some of the above discounts are:
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your area.
There’s no such thing as the perfect policy
When buying adequate coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- What are the best liability limits?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Chevy Corvette rates influenced by many factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates enables informed choices that could result in better insurance coverage rates.
Listed below are some of the items insurance coverage companies consider when setting premiums.
- Don’t cancel a policy without a new one in place – Letting your insurance expire is a guaranteed way to pay more for insurance coverage. Not only will you pay more, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Big city or small town – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas can save you money when talking about insurance coverage. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If the Chevy Corvette is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Women and men tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are quite a few extra coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Things like personal injury protection, better glass coverage and motor club memberships are examples of these. These coverages may sound good initially, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you when you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance coverage. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent car theft.
- Your age impacts your rates – Teen drivers are known to be more careless when driving so insurance coverage rates are higher. Having to add a teen driver onto a policy can break the bank. More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and receive fewer citations.
Auto insurance myths debunked
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for car insurance savings from the likes of 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to say the same thing of big savings if you change your coverage to them.
How can each company make the same claim?
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of customer that earns them a profit. For example, a preferred risk could possibly be between 25 and 40, a clean driving record, and has excellent credit. A driver who matches those parameters will qualify for the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who don’t meet the requirements must pay a more expensive rate which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ads say “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. That is how insurance companies can advertise the savings.
This illustrates why drivers must compare many company’s rates. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest Chevy Corvette insurance rates.
Understanding the coverages of insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Liability auto insurance – This coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims such as loss of income, medical services and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses such as prosthetic devices, ambulance fees and nursing services. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail, driving through your garage door and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive coverage – This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like theft, vandalism, damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer and hail damage. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your 1996 Chevy Corvette.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Usually these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Cheaper 1996 Chevy Corvette insurance is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not provide online quoting and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We just presented a lot of techniques to compare insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an insured cut liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Additional detailed information is available at these sites:
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area