Cheapest 1995 Land Rover Defender Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 23, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest car insurance rates for your Land Rover Defender? Have you had enough of robbing Peter to pay Paul to pay your car insurance bill each month? You are in the same boat as many other consumers. Many auto insurance companies vie for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers and get the definite best price available.
It’s a good idea to do rate comparisons at least once a year since rates go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price for Defender insurance six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. So forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to learn the best methods to lower your annual insurance bill.
The quickest way to compare insurance rates in your area is to know most of the larger companies provide online access to give you rate quotes. All you need to do is give them rating details including if you have a valid license, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, whether you are married, and coverage limits. Your information is sent automatically to many highly-rated insurers and they return rate quotes immediately.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
To see a list of insurance companies who offer insurance discounts, click this link.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When buying the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Is my Land Rover Defender covered if I use it for business?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Land Rover Defender insurance rates have many determining factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that go into determining your insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Driving with no insurance is a misdemeanor and insurance coverage companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Liability insurance will protect you in the event that a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. It will provide legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart your car from being stolen.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Safer cars get lower rates. Safer cars protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates. If the Land Rover Defender has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- High deductibles save money – Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Land Rover from damage. Examples of covered claims could be running into the backend of another car, vandalism, or theft. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your insurance coverage pays a claim. The higher the amount you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance for Defender insurance.
- Discounts for multiple policies – The majority of insurers will award you with lower prices to policyholders who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Consumers may find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements that promise big savings by companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to have a common claim of big savings after switching to them.
How can each company make the same claim?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that makes them money. An example of a desirable insured could possibly be over the age of 50, has no driving citations, and has a short commute. A customer who meets those qualifications will get the preferred rates and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who are not a match for this ideal profile will be quoted higher rates and this can result in business going elsewhere. The ads say “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save money. That’s the way companies can truthfully make those claims. This emphasizes why you absolutely need to get as many quotes as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will give you the biggest savings on Land Rover Defender insurance.
Learn about insurance coverages for a Land Rover Defender
Learning about specific coverages of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the usual coverages found on most insurance policies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Land Rover Defender.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses such as hospital visits, doctor visits, EMT expenses and prosthetic devices. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft, hitting a deer and hail damage. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance covers damage to your Defender from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as colliding with a tree, damaging your car on a curb and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Auto liability insurance – Liability insurance provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability can pay for things such as emergency aid, medical expenses, funeral expenses and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Best coverage at the best price
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can lower your 1995 Land Rover Defender insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with the least-expected company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Budget-conscious insurance can be purchased online and with local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional information is located at these links:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area