Cheapest 1995 Dodge Ram Van Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better insurance prices for your Dodge Ram Van could be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to save time. There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to get price quotes for a Dodge and find the lowest price either online or from local insurance agents.
If you have a policy now or need new coverage, you can use these techniques to find better prices and possibly find even better coverage. Locating more affordable coverage is simple if you know the tricks. Drivers only need an understanding of the proper methods to get comparison rates on the web.
How much can you save with discounts?
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for better insurance coverage rates on Ram van coverage.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with certain professional organizations may earn a discount on insurance coverage on Ram van coverage.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off on Ram van coverage with select insurance companies.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- College Student – Any of your kids who are attending college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies give discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Insurance companies that possibly offer these benefits include:
Before buying, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not be available everywhere.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
Reducing your 1995 Dodge Ram Van insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes comparing price quotes from different insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
- The single most time-saving way to get the best comparison quotes is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This type of form prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions for every insurance coverage company. A single form gets you price quotes from many national carriers. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- Another way to compare rate quotes requires visiting each individual company website and request a quote. For instance, let’s say you want to compare GEICO, Progressive and State Farm. To find out each rate you need to go to every website to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
- The least efficient method to compare rates is to drive around to and from local insurance agencies. Shopping for insurance coverage online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the professional advice of a licensed agent. Drivers can price shop online but buy from a local insurance agent. We’ll cover that shortly.
Which method you use is up to you, but make darn sure you compare exactly the same coverage information on every quote. If your comparisons have differing limits you will not be able to make an equal comparison.
How much car insurance do I need?
When buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Does my 1995 Dodge Ram Van qualify for pleasure use?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Information about specific coverages
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 100/300/100 which means a limit of $100,000 per injured person, $300,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability coverage protects against claims like bail bonds, emergency aid, pain and suffering, medical services and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills such as ambulance fees, dental work, doctor visits, prosthetic devices and surgery. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your 1995 Dodge Ram Van.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like theft, vandalism, rock chips in glass and hitting a deer. The most your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
This covers damage to your Ram Van resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as damaging your car on a curb, driving through your garage door and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Pennies from heaven
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, high prices, lack of trust in their agent and denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
When buying insurance coverage, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price.
We just presented a lot of techniques to shop for 1995 Dodge Ram Van insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
More detailed insurance information is available by following these links:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area