Compare 1994 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better car insurance rates for your Ford F-150 SVT Lightning? Having to pay for overpriced car insurance can drain your personal savings and make it hard to pay other bills. Shopping your coverage around is free and is an excellent way to help make ends meet. Online insurance companies like Allstate, Progressive and GEICO promote their brand names with advertising and it is difficult to sift through the bull and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
You should take the time to price shop coverage once or twice a year because insurance rates change quite often. Just because you found the best rates for F-150 SVT Lightning insurance two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the best methods to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. Finding affordable coverage is not rocket science. Drivers only need an understanding of the proper way to shop their coverage around online.
Ford F-150 SVT Lightning rates are in the details
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine premiums.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Letting your insurance expire is a fast way to pay more for auto insurance. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Credit scores impact auto insurance rates – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in determining your rates. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your 1994 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning by improving your credit score. Consumers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have poor credit.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Safer cars get lower rates. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If the Ford F-150 SVT Lightning has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Only having one citation can increase rates forty percent or more. Good drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with dangerous tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you when a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
Low Cost Insurance
There are a lot of ways to compare insurance prices and some are easier and takes less work. You could waste time talking to local insurance agents in your area, or you could save time and use the web to get prices fast.
Many companies are enrolled in a marketplace that enables customers to complete one form, and at least one company returns a rated price for coverage. This system prevents you from having to do quotation requests for each company. To compare 1994 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning rates using this form now click here to open in new window.
The only downside to comparing rates this way is you can’t choose which companies to get quotes from. So if you prefer to pick individual companies to compare rates, we have assembled a list of companies who write insurance in your area. Click to view list.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just ensure you’re using apples-to-apples coverage limits for every quote you compare. If you are comparing different limits and deductibles on each one it’s not possible to make a fair comparison for your Ford F-150 SVT Lightning.
How can 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm save drivers who switch?
Consumers can’t get away from ads for the lowest price auto insurance from the likes of 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to say the same thing of big savings if you move your coverage to them.
How do they all claim to save you money?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the driver that is profitable for them. An example of a preferred risk could be a mature driver, owns a home, and has excellent credit. Any driver who fits that profile is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who do not match the requirements must pay higher rates which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That’s the way insurance companies can state the savings.
This illustrates why you need to quote coverage with many companies. It’s not possible to predict which company will give you the biggest savings on Ford F-150 SVT Lightning insurance.
How much can you save with discounts?
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, buy you may qualify for discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but a few need to be manually applied prior to receiving the credit. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for better insurance rates for F-150 SVT Lightning insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Ford can earn a substantially lower rate.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Distant Student – Kids in college who live away from home and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% since new cars are generally safer.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
To see a list of insurance companies offering insurance discounts, click this link.
How much car insurance do I need?
When choosing coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- What is PIP insurance?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Auto insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find the usual coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as vandalism, fire damage, hail damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane and a broken windshield. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for bills for pain medications, prosthetic devices, dental work, chiropractic care and EMT expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This will pay to fix damage to your F-150 SVT Lightning resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb, backing into a parked car, scraping a guard rail and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability auto insurance
This coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see values of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims such as legal defense fees, loss of income, funeral expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Be a money saver!
We covered many ideas to save on 1994 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning insurance. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Cheaper insurance is attainable online as well as from independent agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. A few companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area