Cheapest 2017 Ford F-150 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 29, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper car insurance rates for your Ford F-150? If shopping for car insurance online is new to you, it’s easy to be confused by the hoards of online car insurance companies and websites offering coverage.
Consumers need to check car insurance prices occasionally since rates change quite often. Just because you had the best price for F-150 insurance six months ago a different company probably has better rates today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to find out the fastest and easiest way to find great coverage at a great price.
If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using this information. The purpose of this post is to teach you how car insurance quotes work and some tips to save money. Although drivers can benefit from knowing the way companies price insurance differently and use this information to your advantage.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
There are several ways to shop for Ford F-150 insurance, but there is one way that is less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can waste a few hours (or days) talking about coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you can utilize online quotes for quick rates.
Many insurance companies participate in an industry program where insurance shoppers enter their policy data once, and every company can give them a price based on the submitted data. This prevents consumers from doing repetitive form submissions for each company.
To compare 2017 Ford F-150 rates using this form now click here to start a free quote.
The only drawback to using this type of system is buyers cannot specifically choose which companies you want pricing from.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make absolute certain that you use identical coverage limits and deductibles for every company. If you use unequal deductibles or liability limits it’s not possible to find the best deal for your Ford F-150. Slightly different coverage limits can mean a large discrepancy in price. It’s important to know that comparing more company’s prices helps locate the best price.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise all their discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% since new cars are generally safer.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Club Memberships – Participating in a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for auto insurance for F-150 insurance.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Drivers Education – Have your child complete a driver education course in high school.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
Factors determining your Ford F-150 insurance premium
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help determine insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are some of the items used by your company to calculate prices.
- Liability coverage protects you – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Older drivers pay less – Young drivers have a tendency to be less responsible when behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates. Older insureds tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and are safer drivers.
- Equipment add-ons that lower insurance rates – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft prevention features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder your car from being stolen.
- High numbers of claims are not good – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies award lower rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Being located in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when buying insurance. Urban drivers have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
How can State Farm, GEICO and Progressive save drivers who switch?
Auto insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive continually stream ads on television and other media. They all seem to make an identical promise of big savings after switching your policy. How can each company make the same claim?
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For instance, a profitable customer could be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A propective insured who matches those parameters will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who fall outside the requirements will be quoted higher premiums which leads to business not being written. Company advertisements say “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That is how companies can make those claims. This emphasizes why it’s extremely important to compare as many rates as you can. You cannot predict which auto insurance company will give you the biggest savings on Ford F-150 insurance.
Insurance coverage specifics
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage covers damage to your F-150 resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like colliding with a tree, hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Ford F-150.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as vandalism, a broken windshield, theft, damage from getting keyed and hail damage. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for surgery, rehabilitation expenses, nursing services and pain medications. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability car insurance – Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 bodily injury coverage, $100,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage pays for things such as structural damage, loss of income, medical services, pain and suffering and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Power to the consumer
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver and denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new car insurance company is less work than it seems.
You just learned many tips how you can lower your 2017 Ford F-150 insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the lowest rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate.
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area