Cheapest 1995 Ford Escort Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Nobody looks forward to paying for insurance coverage, particularly when their premiums are through the roof.
You have so many insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, having more insurers makes it harder to compare rates.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is not that difficult. If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using these methods. But drivers must learn how the larger insurance companies compete online and take advantage of how the system works.
The best way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to take advantage of the fact almost all companies participate in a system to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is give them some information like your education level, if you lease or own, whether you have decent credit, and whether or not you need a SR-22. That rating data is sent automatically to many highly-rated insurers and you receive quotes instantly.
To check rates for your 1995 Ford Escort, click here and enter your zip code.
Do drivers who switch really save $382 a year?
Companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm consistently run ads on television and other media. All the ads have a common claim about savings if you change to their company. But how can every company make the same claim?
Insurance companies can use profiling for the driver that makes them money. For instance, a driver they prefer could possibly be a mature driver, has no tickets, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any driver who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and most likely will save a lot of money.
Potential customers who don’t meet these standards will be charged more money which usually ends up with business not being written. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save money. This is how insurance companies can confidently claim big savings. That is why you absolutely need to compare as many rates as you can. It’s not possible to predict which company will provide you with the cheapest Ford Escort insurance rates.
Factors influencing Ford Escort insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help determine auto insurance rates. Knowing what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
The following are some of the factors companies use to determine your rates.
- How’s your driving record? – Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Even a single moving violation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get severe violations like DUI or reckless driving may be required to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If the Ford Escort is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Most companies provide better rates to policyholders who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even with this discount, you may still want to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still be able to find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
- Do men or women drive better? – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Men and women have accidents in similar percentages, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – Credit score is a big factor in your rate calculation. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit score is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your 1995 Ford Escort by improving your credit score.
- Your age impacts your rates – Teenage drivers are known to get distracted easily in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Mature drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
You probably qualify for some discounts
Auto insurance companies do not list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both the well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for switching policies before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Ford can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off for Escort insurance with select insurance companies.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums for Escort insurance.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
Double check with each insurance company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply everywhere.
There’s no such thing as the perfect policy
When it comes to buying coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- What is the ISO rating for a 1995 Ford Escort?
- When should I not file a claim?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Information about specific coverages
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like hail damage, a broken windshield, rock chips in glass, vandalism and damage from flooding. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Ford Escort.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability coverage protects against claims like court costs, bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, structural damage and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses for X-ray expenses, nursing services, pain medications and ambulance fees. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for collisions
This covers damage to your Escort caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as driving through your garage door, crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
In the end, you save
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, someone dropped full coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for 1995 Ford Escort insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the best prices are with a small local company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
More information can be found below:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area