1994 Chevrolet Camaro Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Nobody looks forward to paying for car insurance, particularly when the cost is way too high. With consumers having so many car insurance companies to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to locate the best insurance company.
Insurance Comparison Rates
There are a lot of ways you can shop for insurance but some are more efficient than others. You can spend countless hours talking about coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you can stay home and use the internet to quickly compare rates.
Many insurance companies belong to an insurance system that enables customers to enter their policy data once, and each company returns a rated price based on that information. This system prevents you from having to do quote forms for each company you want a rate for.
To find out what other companies charge for 1994 Chevy Camaro insurance click here to open in new window.
The single downside to getting quotes like this is you cannot specify which carriers to get pricing from. If you wish to select individual companies to request quotes from, we have a page of low cost insurance companies in your area. Click to view list.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make darn sure you compare the exact same information for every company. If you enter different liability limits it will be impossible to determine which rate is truly the best.
Chevy Camaro insurance premiums are calculated by many factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. Understanding what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings.
The list below includes some of the items that factor into premiums.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Chevy Camaro earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Many insurers provide better rates to people who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still find a better deal by buying insurance from a different company.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Women and men tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
- Equipment add-ons that lower insurance rates – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
- Being married can save on insurance – Getting married can actually save you money on your insurance policy. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – Companies give cheaper rates to people who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- How your age affects price – Young drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a youthful driver onto a policy can be quite pricey. Older drivers are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims and get fewer tickets.
- Your insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations like judges, social workers and stock brokers are shown to have the highest rates due to high stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, occupations like actors, students and performers pay the least on Camaro insurance.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise all available discounts very clearly, so we break down both well-publicized as well as the least known ways to save on car insurance. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums on Camaro insurance.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course in driver safety could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on Camaro insurance than less cautious drivers.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
Car insurance companies who might offer these benefits may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply in every state.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- How high should deductibles be on a 1994 Chevy Camaro?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Specific coverages for a 1994 Chevy Camaro
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are typical coverage types offered by auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive insurance – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as vandalism, hitting a deer, damage from flooding and fire damage. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Collision coverage – This pays for damage to your Camaro resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like scraping a guard rail, driving through your garage door, sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability car insurance – Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability can pay for things such as pain and suffering, court costs and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses for things like funeral costs, hospital visits and doctor visits. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Shop. Compare. Save.
Cheaper 1994 Chevy Camaro insurance can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not provide online quoting and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
We just presented many tips how you can lower your insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even discover the lowest premiums are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Additional detailed information can be read at these sites:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area