Cheap 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Car Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 7, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper insurance rates for your Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera? I can’t think of anyone who likes paying for insurance, particularly when the cost is way too high. Consumers have many insurers to purchase coverage from, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, having more insurance companies makes it harder to locate the cheapest rates.
The best way we recommend to compare rates is to understand car insurance companies have advanced systems to compare their rates. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide information such as your job, how many miles driven, if a SR-22 is needed, and whether you are single or married. That information is submitted instantly to insurance carriers in your area and they return cost estimate instantly to find the best rate.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be available discounts to help bring down the price. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but a few need to be manually applied in order for you to get them. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
A partial list of companies that may offer these benefits may include but are not limited to:
- 21st Century
- State Farm
- The Hartford
It’s a good idea to ask each company which discounts they offer. Discounts may not be available in every state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Who is covered when they drive my 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera?
Your Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera insurance rate is a complex equation
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with big savings.
- More claims means more premium – Car insurance companies generally give cheaper rates to insureds who do not file claims often. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Men and women are in accidents at a similar rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates – Having a bad credit rating is a important factor in calculating your insurance rates. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera by improving your rating.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a sure-fire way to bump up your insurance costs. Not only will you pay more, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.You may need to file a SR-22 with your state DMV.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are quite a few additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying insurance. Things like personal injury protection, accidental death and additional equipment coverage are some examples. These coverages may sound good at first, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. These vehicles reduce injuries and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If your Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Drivers who switch save $404 a year? Really?
Consumers constantly see and hear ads for cheaper car insurance from companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies make an identical promise that you’ll save big if you change your policy.
How do they all make the same claim?
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver that earns them a profit. For example, a profitable customer could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no tickets, and has a short commute. A customer who matches those parameters will qualify for the lowest rates and most likely will save a lot of money.
Potential customers who are not a match for these standards will have to pay higher premiums which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. This is how companies can truthfully advertise the way they do.
Because of the profiling, it’s extremely important to compare as many rates as you can. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance coverage company will fit your personal profile best.
Car insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Car insurance terms can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverage types found on the average car insurance policy.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses such as EMT expenses, prosthetic devices and pain medications. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as emergency aid, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage and damage from flooding. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Cutlass Ciera resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Quote often and quote early
Lower-priced 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera insurance is definitely available from both online companies as well as from independent agentsinsurance , so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
We covered some good ideas how to compare insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may discover the biggest savings come from a small local company. These smaller insurers often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Additional car insurance information can be found below:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area