Cheapest 1993 Ford F-150 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding low-cost auto insurance on the web can seem to be somewhat difficult for consumers not familiar with comparison shopping online. With such a large number of insurers to choose from, how can you possibly compare every one to find the lowest price?
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, buy you may qualify for discounts to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for reduced rates on F-150 coverage.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a home may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your overall premium however.
To see a list of insurance companies with the best car insurance discounts, click here.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your situation may require specific advice.
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Car insurance providers like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO continually stream ads on TV and radio. They all make the same claim that you can save after switching your policy. But how can every company say the same thing?
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that is profitable for them. For example, a desirable insured might be profiled as between the ages of 40 and 55, insures multiple vehicles, and has excellent credit. Any driver that hits that “sweet spot” will get very good rates and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile must pay higher rates and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. This is how insurance companies can advertise the savings.
This illustrates why you absolutely need to compare as many rates as you can. It’s impossible to know which car insurance company will have the lowest Ford F-150 insurance rates.
Insurance coverage basics
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as damage from getting keyed, hail damage, theft, a broken windshield and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. It protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims like attorney fees, emergency aid, loss of income, medical expenses and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your 1993 Ford F-150.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Normally these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for bills for prosthetic devices, surgery, nursing services and funeral costs. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance pays for damage to your F-150 caused by collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle, sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with a tree and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Stretch your dollar
We covered a lot of tips how to compare 1993 Ford F-150 insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest premiums are with the least-expected company.
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests and denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right insurance coverage provider is not as hard as you think.
Cheaper insurance can be purchased online and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Additional insurance coverage information is located at these links:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Chicago? (QuoteChicago.com)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area