Cheapest 1991 Ford Ranger Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 16, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better insurance coverage rates? Buyers have options when searching for low-cost Ford Ranger insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents getting price quotes or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find insurance coverage online so we’re going to tell you the best way to get price quotes for a new or used Ford and get the best price possible.
Smart consumers take time to get comparison quotes quite often because rates tend to go up over time. Just because you found the lowest rates for Ranger coverage a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. So ignore everything you know about insurance coverage because you’re going to get a crash course in the right way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
The purpose of this article is to let you in on how to get online quotes. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. Consumers just need to know the tricks to compare price quotes over the internet.
Where Can I Get Cheap Insurance?
Most major insurance companies allow you to get coverage price quotes on the web. Getting online rates is fairly straightforward as you just type in your coverage information into a form. After you complete the form, their system collects credit information and your driving record and quotes a price.
Quoting online helps simplify price comparisons, but the process of having to visit a lot of sites and complete many quote forms is repetitive and time-consuming. Unfortunately, it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find the best price on insurance.
A quicker way to find better insurance pricing uses one simple form that obtains quotes from more than one company. The form is fast, reduces the work, and makes online shopping much more efficient. Immediately after submitting the form, it is rated with multiple companies and you can pick any of the resulting price quotes.
If the quotes result in lower rates, you can click and sign and purchase the new policy. The entire process takes less than 15 minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
To find out how much you can save on insurance, click here to open in a new tab and input your coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate deductibles and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This guarantees you’re receiving a fair comparison for the exact same coverage.
How can Allstate, GEICO and Progressive save drivers who switch?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for the lowest price auto insurance by companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all say the same thing that you can save after switching to them.
How do they all make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies can use profiling for the right customer that earns them a profit. For instance, a profitable customer could be between 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and has excellent credit. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will save a lot of money.
Consumers who do not match the “perfect” profile must pay higher prices and this can result in business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That is how companies can state the savings.
This illustrates why you need to get as many comparisons as possible. It is impossible to predict the company that will have the lowest Ford Ranger insurance rates.
Lesser-known factors impacting Ford Ranger insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that help determine your insurance coverage rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into premiums.
- Frequent insurance coverage claims increase rates – If you file claims often, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies provide discounts to insureds who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is intended for larger claims.
- Drive less and save money – The more miles you rack up on your Ford in a year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Improper usage on your Ranger may be costing you. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage policy shows how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
- Save money with special equipment – Owning a car with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Liability coverage protects you – Liability insurance will protect you when you are found liable for damages from an accident. Liability provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Don’t overlook these discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be requested specifically before they will apply. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more for Ranger coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% for Ranger coverage with certain companies.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- One Accident Forgiven – A few companies allow you one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application over the internet.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will help reduce the cost of coverage.
Car insurance companies that may have these benefits include:
- The Hartford
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Double check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered everywhere.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Is my situation unique?
When buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Ford Ranger.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage covers damage to your Ranger resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a parking meter, crashing into a ditch and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for liability – Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things like medical services, legal defense fees and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Coverage for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as dental work, pain medications, surgery, ambulance fees and prosthetic devices. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hitting a bird, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane, falling objects and hail damage. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
In the end, you save
When shopping online for insurance, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate.
The cheapest 1991 Ford Ranger insurance is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
Additional detailed information is located in these articles:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area