BMW M5 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 15, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
How much does the BMW M5 cost to insure? Full coverage for a BMW M5 costs $1,916 a year, or $159. Our guide breaks down these rates so that drivers can save on BMW M5 insurance costs.
Want to jump right into finding a reasonable BMW M5 insurance group? Enter your ZIP code in our free tool above to start comparing BMW M5 insurance rates.
Average insurance rates for a BMW M5 are $1,194 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive costs on average $242 a year, collision costs $334, and liability insurance costs $460. A liability-only policy costs as little as $510 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $2,560. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $4,594 a year or more.
Average premium for full coverage: $1,194
Rate estimates by individual coverage type:
Rates include $500 deductibles, 30/60 liability limits, and includes uninsured motorist coverage. Rates are averaged for all states and M5 trim levels.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range go from as low as $510 for only liability insurance to a high of $2,560 for a high risk driver.
Price Range by Location
Your location has a significant impact on car insurance rates. Rural areas tend to have a lower frequency of accident claims than larger metro areas.
The diagram below illustrates the effect of location on car insurance rates.
These examples show why it is important to compare rates based on a specific location and risk profile, rather than relying on price averages.
Use the form below to get customized rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Insurance Rate Analysis
The chart below shows estimated BMW M5 insurance rates for different risk profiles and scenarios.
- The lowest rate with discounts is $709
- Drivers who choose higher $1,000 deductibles will pay around $1,062 a year
- The average rate for a 40-year-old driver with $500 deductibles is $1,194
- Choosing low $100 deductibles for comprehensive and collision insurance will increase the cost to $1,442
- High risk drivers with multiple violations and an at-fault accident could pay upwards of $2,560 or more
- The cost for full coverage for a teen driver may cost $4,594 a year
for a BMW M5 can also vary considerably based on your driver profile, the trim level of your M5, and policy deductibles and limits.
Older drivers and high deductibles could pay as little as $1,100 per year on average for full coverage. Rates are highest for teen drivers, where even good drivers upwards of $4,500 a year. View Rates by Age
Where you live makes a big difference in BMW M5 insurance rates. A 40-year-old driver could pay as low as $790 a year in states like Idaho, Maine, and Iowa, or as much as $1,700 on average in Michigan, Louisiana, and New York.
|State||Premium||Compared to U.S. Avg||Percent Difference|
Choosing high deductibles could save up to $380 each year, while buying higher liability limits will cost you more. Going from a 50/100 limit to a 250/500 limit will cost as much as $414 . View Rates by Deductible or Liability Limit
If you like to drive fast or tend to cause accidents, you could be paying at a minimum $1,400 to $2,000 per year, depending on your age. A high-risk auto insurance policy can cost anywhere from 44% to 131% more than average. View High Risk Driver Rates
With so much variability in rates, the only way to know exactly what you will pay is to get quotes from as many companies as possible. Every company uses a different rate calculation, can be significantly different from one company to the next.
|Model Year||Comprehensive||Collision||Liability||Total Premium|
|2014 BMW M5||$342||$620||$460||$1,580|
|2013 BMW M5||$330||$580||$464||$1,532|
|2008 BMW M5||$254||$380||$474||$1,266|
|2006 BMW M5||$242||$334||$460||$1,194|
Rates are averaged for all BMW M5 models and trim levels. Rates assume a 40-year-old male driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and a clean driving record.
How to Find Cheaper BMW M5 Insurance
Saving money on BMW M5 insurance not only requires being a safe driver, but also maintaining good credit, eliminating unneeded coverage, and bundling your home and auto policies. Take the time to shop around at least every two years by getting price quotes from direct carriers like GEICO and Progressive, and also from your local insurance agents.
Here is a summary of the information that was covered in this article.
- Increasing deductibles can save around $375 each year
- Drivers can save as much as $140 per year simply by quoting early and online
- Drivers who require more liability insurance will pay about $510 each year to go from a minimum limit to 250/500 limits
- Young drivers pay the highest rates, costing as high as $383 per month for full coverage
- High-risk drivers that have multiple accidents or serious violations will pay on average $1,370 more each year for insurance
Frequently Asked Questions
We wanted to answer a couple common questions before we move on:
- How much is insurance on a BMW M5? Average insurance rates for a BMW M5 are $1,916 a year for full coverage insurance.
- Is insurance expensive for a BMW? Compared to the the national average which is $936, yes.
- Is BMW M5 expensive to maintain? YourMechanic.com says they cost $370 on average annually. However, RepairPal.com says the average annual cost is $1,173.
- How much to service a BMW M5? See the answer above.
- How much does BMW M5 cost? From $102,700
- Is the BMW m5 fast? It can go from 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds
- Is BMW m5 a sports car? Yes. It’s considered a sports car for insurance purposes which may contribute to its higher rates.
Shopping around will help you find the best BMW M5 costs. So if you want to know how much is a BMW M5 2015 vehicle to insure or the BMW M5 cost of insurance, start by getting quotes. Enter your ZIP code in our free tool below to get started.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What are the BMW M5 safety ratings?
The insurance cost of a BMW M5 can depend on the safety features and ratings. The BMW M5 has the following safety features:
- Electronic Stability Control
- ABS and Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Blind Spot Detection and Blindspot Sensor
- Parking Distance Control and Rear Parking Sensors
- Dual-stage driver and Passenger Seat-mounted Airbags
- Lane Departure Warning
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual-stage driver and Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1stand 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety belts
- Back-up Camera
- The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety has not crash-tested the BMW M5.
BMW M5 Compared Against Other Vehicles in the Same Class
The BMW M5 is a luxury car, which means liability rates may be higher. Take a look at the vehicle below to see how other luxury car’s rates compare to a BMW M5’s insurance rates.
Ready to learn more about how much is a BMW M5’s insurance? To find out more about a BMW M5 and how much does it cost to insure, enter your ZIP code in our free tool.
Rate Tables and Charts
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$78|
|5-yr Claim Free||$76|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$48|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area