Cheapest 2020 Toyota RAV4 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better car insurance rates for your Toyota RAV4? Searching for the cheapest car insurance may seem to be difficult for beginners to comparison shopping on the internet. With so many options of insurance companies available, how are drivers able to efficiently compare every one to find cheaper car insurance rates?
Free insurance coverage quotes
Performing a rate comparison can take time and effort if you don’t understand the most efficient way to do it. You could spend your day talking to insurance companies in your area, or you can utilize the internet to get prices fast.
Many popular insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace where insurance shoppers enter their coverage request one time, and each participating company provides a quote based on that information. This eliminates the need for quote requests for every insurance coverage company.
To compare rates using this form now enter your zip code here.
One minor caviat to pricing coverage this way is you can’t choose the insurers to receive prices from. If you prefer to choose individual companies to compare, we have a listing of companies who write insurance coverage in your area. Click to enter zip code.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just double check that you are using nearly identical coverages on every price quote you get. If you use different liability limits it will be impossible to determine which rate is truly the best. Having just a slight variation in coverages may result in large price differences. And when comparing insurance coverage rates, know that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps improve the odds of finding a better price. Some companies don’t provide quotes online, so it’s recommended that you also compare rates on coverage from those companies, too.
Take policy discounts and save
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but a few must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Employee of Federal Government – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote insurance for RAV4 coverage but check with your company.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles can earn cheaper rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get a slight reduction on a insurance quote for RAV4 coverage.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts should help reduce your overall premium however.
To locate insurers who offer online insurance quotes, enter your zip code here.
Insurance rates are influenced by these factors
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less apparent like where you live or your commute time.
- Prevent theft and save – Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Premiums are high for teenagers – Mature drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims , and usually have better credit.Youthful drivers have been known to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Small claims can cost you – Insurance companies give cheaper rates to people who do not file claims often. If you file a lot of claims you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Credit rating impacts premium rates – Your credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. So if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your 2020 Toyota RAV4 by improving your credit score. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with bad credit.
- Policy add-ons add up – Insurance companies have many extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying but may not be useful. Coverage for things like rental car coverage, towing, and additional equipment coverage could be just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas initially, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Many auto insurance companies allow discounts to clients that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to ten percent or more. Even if you already get this discount, it’s always a smart idea to get quotes from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still be able to find lower rates by insuring with multiple companies.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When choosing the best insurance coverage coverage for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if you could use an agent’s help.
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Does my 2020 Toyota RAV4 qualify for pleasure use?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete your zip code.
But they said I’d save $429 a year!
Respected companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive seem to constantly run ads in print and on television. They all seem to seem to make the promise that you’ll save big just by switching your policy. How does each company charge less that you’re paying now? It’s all in the numbers.
Companies provide the lowest rates for the type of customer that will add to their bottom line. For example, a profitable risk profile could be a mature driver, has never had a policy lapse, and has a high credit rating. Any customer who fits that profile will most likely get cheap auto insurance rates and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential insureds who don’t qualify for those standards may be required to pay a more expensive rate which translates to the customer buying from someone else. The ads say “people who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save money. That’s why companies can claim big savings.
Different companies use different criteria so you should get as many free insurance quotes as possible. It’s just not possible to know with any certainty which company will have better rates than you’re paying now.
Car insurance coverage breakdown
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive coverages – This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like a broken windshield, falling objects, damage from a tornado or hurricane and theft. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Toyota RAV4.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Coverage for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses like dental work, rehabilitation expenses and hospital visits. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision – Collision insurance covers damage to your RAV4 caused by collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like crashing into a building, backing into a parked car, crashing into a ditch, colliding with a tree and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability insurance – Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as court costs, emergency aid and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Best coverage at the best price
Cheaper 2020 Toyota RAV4 insurance is available on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional carriers sell through local independent agents.
We covered many ideas to lower your 2020 Toyota RAV4 insurance premium rates. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as high prices, high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund or even extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right car insurance provider can be easier than you think.
Other learning opportunities
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area