Cheapest 2020 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper Mercedes S-Class insurance costs can normally be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to save time. There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance, and you need to know the quickest way to quote coverage for 2020 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Insurance and find the lowest price from both online companies and local agents.
How Your 2020 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Insurance Costs are Determined
Many elements are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable, like a motor vehicle report, but some are less apparent, like your vehicle usage or your commute time. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that come into play when calculating insurance coverage rates. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Extra policy coverage can cost a lot – There are a lot of extra add-on coverage that you can buy but may not be useful. Add-on coverage like vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage are probably not needed. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but if you’ve never needed them in the past consider taking them off your policy.
- Is your job costing you more? – Jobs such as real estate brokers, social workers and medical professionals usually pay the highest average rates in part of intense work-related stress and long work days. On the other hand, occupations such as scientists, students and performers have the lowest average rates for S-Class insurance.
- Do you save by driving less? – The higher the mileage driven every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that sit idle most of the time receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having the wrong rating on your S-Class can cost quite a bit. Make sure your vehicle rating is rated on the correct usage.
- How much liability – The liability coverage on your policy will protect you if you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to comp and collisions, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Insurance rates in urban areas – Being located in a rural area has definite advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to lower liability claims. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have congested traffic and longer commute times. Longer commuting distances mean a higher likelihood of an accident.
How much does 2020 Mercedes-Benz S-Class insurance cost?
Getting a cheaper price on 2020 Mercedes-Benz S-Class insurance is a fairly straight forward process. All you need to do is invest a few minutes comparing price quotes to find the company with cheaper insurance coverage quotes. Insurance prices can be quoted in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
If you’re in a hurry, the quickest way to find low rates is to use a rate comparison form. This method saves time by eliminating boring form submissions for each company. One quote request gets coverage cost estimates from multiple companies. It’s the fastest way to compare.
A more difficult way to find lower rates requires you to visit the website of each company and go through the quote process again. For instance, let’s assume you are doing a rate comparison from Farmers, 21st Century and State Farm. In order to compare rates, you need to navigate to each company’s site to enter your coverage information, which can take a lot of time.
How you compare quotes is your choice. Just make sure you are using apples-to-apples information for each quote you get. If you compare different liability limits then you won’t be able to decipher which rate is best.
Find Discounts on Auto Insurance
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give you a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Paperless Signup – Some larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks to get insurance coverage online.6
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy with the same company, you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky. Any amount of discount will help reduce your auto insurance premiums.
A list of auto insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- GEICO offers discounts including five-year accident-free, military active duty, emergency military deployment, federal employee, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for location of vehicle, good driver, low natural disaster claims, age of vehicle, and being accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for bundle discounts, good student, business and professional, teen drivers and early shopping.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include safe vehicle, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, air bags, paid in full, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for safety features, new vehicle discount, new graduate, multi-policy, preferred payment discount, newly retired, and teen driver discount.
- SAFECO includes discounts for bundle discounts, multi-car, teen safe driver, safe driver, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, and homeowner.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- USAA has discounts for new vehicles, annual mileage, family discount, multi-policy, and safe driver.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company to give you their best rates. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor Your Auto Insurance Coverage to you
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions might point out whether you might need professional guidance.
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Is my 2020 Mercedes-Benz S-Class covered for flood damage?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent.
Information About Specific Coverage
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can be changed by endorsement.
Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property that is your fault. It protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, $100,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims like bail bonds, attorney fees, legal defense fees and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your S-Class caused by a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as backing into a parked car, damaging your car on a curb, driving through your garage door and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible, then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hitting a bird, a broken windshield and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payment’s coverage kick in for expenses for pain medications, doctor visits and hospital visits. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states, but it provides additional coverage not offered by medical payment’s coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your 2020 Mercedes-Benz S-Class.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Money Doesn’t Grow on Trees
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, lack of trust in their agent, denial of a claim or high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
Some companies do not offer online rate quotes, regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents. Budget-friendly auto insurance is attainable on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to get a better price on 2020 Mercedes-Benz S-Class insurance. The most important thing to understand is that the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area