Cheapest 2020 Mazda CX-5 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Having to pay for pricey insurance coverage can bleed your savings and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Doing a rate comparison is a great way to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
Online insurance companies like GEICO, Progressive and Allstate continually bombard you with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the propoganda and find the best price available.
It’s smart to do price comparisons as often as possible because prices are constantly changing. Just because you found the lowest price for CX-5 coverage a few years ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Ignore everything you know about insurance coverage because you’re about to find out one of the best ways to find great coverage at a great price.
If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using these tips. Finding affordable coverage is not that difficult. Although car owners must learn the way companies market insurance on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Buy insurance online
To find the best insurance rates, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies. The best method to find the cheapest Mazda CX-5 insurance rates consists of shopping online. It’s really quite simple and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- One of the best ways consumers can analyze rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison. This method keeps you from doing separate forms for every prospective company. One form gets you price quotes instantly.
- A harder way to find lower rates consists of visiting the website for each individual company to complete a price quote. For instance, we’ll assume you want to view quotes from Allstate, State Farm and GMAC. To find out each rate you need to spend time going to each site individually and type in your information over and over, which can get old fast.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make darn sure you compare exactly the same coverage limits for each quote you get. If you compare differing limits then you won’t be able to determine which rate is truly the best. Slightly different insurance coverages can make a big difference in price. And when quoting insurance, remember that comparing a large number of companies increases the change that you will find the best rates.
Lower rate quotes with discounts
Some insurers do not list all possible discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down some of the best known as well as some of the hidden insurance savings.
- Good Student Discount – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a insurance quote. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your next insurance statement.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive reduced rates for CX-5 coverage.
- Waiver for an Accident – but certain companies will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
Discounts lower rates, but most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies and their offered discounts are:
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for good student, early bird, automatic seat belts, teen driver, student driver, and driver training.
- State Farm offers discounts for good driver, Drive Safe & Save, good student, safe vehicle, student away at school, passive restraint, and multiple autos.
- AAA has discounts for AAA membership discount, good student, multi-policy, education and occupation, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include new graduate, safety features, new vehicle discount, good student, and exclusive group savings.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, and online quote discount.
Double check with each company or agent the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in your area.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When buying coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions might point out if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and enter your zip code.
How do insurance companies determine Mazda CX-5 insurance rates?
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find big savings.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into your rate level.
- Responsible drivers pay less – Good drivers get better prices than bad drivers. Just one moving violation can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Drivers who have received license-revoking tickets like reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
- Liability limits should be high – The liability coverage on your policy will protect you if ever you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Getting married can lower premiums – Walking down the aisle can get you a discount on your auto insurance policy. Having a spouse means you’re more stable financially it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Guys pay higher rates – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, this does not mean females are better drivers. Men and women are responsible for auto accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Too many insurance claims and you’ll pay more – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies give better rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Your location is important – Being located in less populated areas may provide you with better prices when shopping for auto insurance. People who live in big cities tend to have traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. Fewer people translates into fewer accident claims in addition to lower liability claims
- How credit rating affects auto insurance costs – A driver’s credit rating is a large factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit score is low, you could save money insuring your 2020 Mazda CX-5 by taking the time to improve your credit score. People that have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with poor credit.
- Theft deterrents systems cut rates – Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Car insurance coverage basics
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the normal coverages available from car insurance companies.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your CX-5 caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a mailbox, crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for immediate expenses such as ambulance fees, surgery, EMT expenses and pain medications. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like a broken windshield, vandalism, damage from getting keyed and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your 2020 Mazda CX-5.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. It protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things such as loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Shop smart and save
Cheaper 2020 Mazda CX-5 insurance can be bought online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not have online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agents.
You just learned a lot of information how to save on 2020 Mazda CX-5 insurance. The key thing to remember is the more you quote insurance, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Much more information about insurance coverage is available at these links:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area