Cheapest 2020 Dodge Charger Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 16, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Tired of trying to scrape together enough money to pay high insurance coverage rates every month? You’re in the same situation as many other drivers.
Drivers have so many insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, more choices can make it harder to compare rates and find the lowest cost insurance coverage.
It’s important to check insurance coverage prices before your next renewal since insurance prices change quite often. Just because you had the best deal on Charger insurance two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about insurance coverage because you’re about to learn how to use the internet to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Finding affordable coverage is not rocket science. Basically, everyone who shops for auto insurance stands a good chance to be able to find better rates. Nevertheless, car owners must comprehend how insurance companies market on the web and apply this information to your search.
Cheap car insurance quotes
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to get quotes from lots of car insurance companies. The simplest method to find the cheapest 2020 Dodge Charger insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be accomplished in a couple minutes as outlined below.
- If you are pressed for time, the simplest way consumers can make multiple comparisons is a comparison rater form. This style of form saves time by eliminating separate quotation requests for every company. Just one form will return price quotes from several companies.
- A different way to get quotes online requires you to visit each company’s website to complete their respective quote request forms. For example, let’s assume you want to view quotes from GEICO, Progressive and GMAC. You would have to go to every website to enter the same coverage data repeatedly, which can get old fast.
You can choose any of those ways to find more affodable coverage, but make sure you use apples-to-apples coverages and limits with every price quote. If you have mixed coverages it’s impossible to decipher which rate is best. Quoting even small variations in limits could skew the results. Just keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies will increase your chances of finding the best rates. Not every company provides price estimates online, so it’s recommended that you also compare price quotes from them, too.
Cheaper auto insurance rates with discounts
Some insurers do not list every discount very clearly, so the below list has some of the best known and the harder-to-find ways to save on auto insurance. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies allow discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you buy car insurance online.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Companies that may offer many of the previously listed discounts are:
- The Hartford
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
If you need low cost car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Savings might not be offered in your area. To choose auto insurance companies that offer many of these discounts, enter your zip code here.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What happens if I owe more than my 2020 Dodge Charger is worth?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and enter your zip code.
What car insurance coverages do you need?
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find the usual coverages available from car insurance companies.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as court costs, funeral expenses and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hail damage, a broken windshield, fire damage and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses like ambulance fees, chiropractic care, dental work, pain medications and hospital visits. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision insurance covers damage to your Charger resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like crashing into a building, hitting a parking meter, backing into a parked car, scraping a guard rail and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Dodge Charger.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Keep this in mind
When getting car insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where someone dropped collision coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to compare 2020 Dodge Charger insurance rates online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Cheap 2020 Dodge Charger insurance can be found from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not offer online rate quotes and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
Even more information is located by following these links:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area